Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, September 13, 2013

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness PART 2


First time in front of a blinking cursor in a while.  Let me tell ya when I don't blog I miss it.  Terribly.  It's a part of me.  I need to write and express myself.  So hold on;)  Remember way back to the weekend when we went up to DC?  I said there was a part two to that story??  Well this is the part two.




Okay so in case you missed part one here's the link.  I was with Christy...my new in real life friend.  It was our first time meeting.  We're shopping, having fun in Leesburg, and then I get a text that my honey was going back to the hotel at 2:00 in the afternoon:/  This was the day he was having his annual review, and I just knew something was off.  So I pressed him a bit and he said that "they" had decided not to invest in his position any longer and that he had x amount of weeks with pay to find something else.  It wasn't poor performance, thank God, but still it stung. 


My heart immediately started hammering in my chest.  Let me give you a little back story here.  He'd been driving up to DC every week, staying in a hotel for two nights and then driving back home on the third night in horrific traffic...completely stressed, worn out and lonely for almost a year.  We'd gotten used to the living apart thing.  I was doing everything with the girls.  There was a bit of a disconnect.  It wasn't good.  It was wearing on us and even though my heart was racing because it was a shock. I had this thread of excitement chasing it as well.  Does this mean what I think it means??  Change is coming.  No more of this grind??


He had been wanting out for a while, but had decided to dig in his heels and make it work.  Funny how God hears our prayers and even when it doesn't go down like we want it's a complete blessing in disguise.  Sometimes we just need a little shove.
 
 
 
So we finished out our weekend.  Visiting George Washington's home and the Thomas Jefferson Memorial and I couldn't help but think of the common thread that our forefathers and my honey had.  They were all in pursuit of happiness.  Their roads were somewhat rocky.  They came against opposition.  They had to make hard choices and it was all for liberty.  That's what we ultimately want right?  FREEDOM and happiness:)
 
 
My honey and I got married really young. He made some practical choices early on to pursue a career to support us financially, but it really never was his love...the thing that made him excited.  Over the course of our 20+ years he's switched jobs numerous times.  Pretty much not enjoying any of them.  Each a different version of the last.
 
 
 

Why is it when our back is against a wall that things finally become clear?  There's that element of fear...of risk, but all of a sudden the blinders are removed.  It all starts to take shape, and all you see is a blinking arrow flashing boldly...this is the way.  And the way no longer involves being on that same carousel ride, going around and around in circles making you sick to your stomach.  All of a sudden it's so clear...you can almost hear the words scream out to you...JUMP!
 
 
And so we did.   


He's getting the opportunity to do something he's always wanted to do.  The thing he loves...he's going to write.  He'll be contributing to a couple of tax news publications.  He's also started his own consulting biz.  It was a now or never moment.  And I'm so proud of him. 


There were a few days of anger at the beginning.  A few weeks of sadness and discouragement and then a plan took shape.  I was pmsing during the fuzzy time.  He was in the throes of his hernia saga, and it was stressful.  I wish I could say it was all peaceful and faith filled.  But it was a hard few weeks.  I felt like I was going to shatter into a million tiny pieces.  I blame hormones, I really do, but God brought us through and even though there are some things that need to fall into place...I feel confident this is the right path we're on.  It's a new day for our family.  Daddy's home.  He's following his dreams, and it's gonna turn out good.  I just know it! 





Speaking of good... 


You girls blew my mind this month.  I'm in complete awe at how God has grown my shop.  THANK YOU!!!  My friend Tamara had stepped in as my "girl Friday", and I had been praying for another helper when He put my neighbor Adele on my mind.  She has seamlessly joined our little team and I couldn't be more thrilled. 


I was sharing with honey the other night and the tears started flowing.  I can't believe this is my life.  I get to make these word reminders that people cherish.  I get letters from hurting people all the time, and these words are meaningful...powerful.  It's blessing people.  He's using this hobby, turned business, in a big way and I get to be a part of that.  I'm so beyond honored and completely overwhelmed by His goodness.  And the best part is I don't have to be alone anymore to do it:)  I have the sweetest helpers right there beside me.  I'm in a weird surreal state right now.  Anyway...thank you for making my dreams come true:)  I appreciate you so much!!!







Be a blessing!
 
 
 
 bringing friends to church
 self portraits...better school days
 
 
 
 
daddy's home
 
 
 
 
cleared for push-ups
 
 
 
 
loving my job
 
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails