Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, March 14, 2011

going deep

This is my last Seattle post.  I'm going to miss them.  Reflecting back on my trip has been such a treat for me AND given me something to talk about over the last few weeks;)  Remember when I posted about being stranded out there an extra few days due to the weather in Minneapolis?  I was supposed to fly home early Sunday morning.  It was just the perfect time...in my mind.  We had seen everything, and had spent good quality time together and I was just missing my family.  I could tell I was homesick.  I was having little daydreams about hugging my girls and what my house would smell like when I walked in the door. 


Sometimes things don't always go according to plan.  I ended up staying an extra two days.  I kind of became a part of the family.  I got to go to Lissa's church and meet her entire family.  I went to Grandpa's birthday dinner and then back to Lissa's mom and dad's house for cake.  It was a whole different level I was seeing now.  I was going deep.  It was really an honor and a privilege.


At the end of our visit Lissa kept asking me what my favorite part of the whole trip was.  Hmmm let's see we went on a ferry ride, explored downtown Seattle, ate at some amazing restaurants, visited her favorite nursery, saw Deception Pass, went to the Ruffles and Rust flea market show with Sasha...had cheeseburgers and fries at a movie.  I don't know it was all pretty amazing.  But without a doubt my favorite memory of my time spent with Lissa was visiting her church.



(Lissa is on the far left and her sister Stefie is on the far right)

I grew up in a Charismatic church.  Every Sunday we sang at the top of our lungs, raised our hands, prayed over each other.  My pastor was a preacher.  He spoke with conviction and passion.  Every Sunday I had goosebumps on my arms and tears streaming down my cheeks because of God's anointing.  It was an awesome way to experience the Lord and grow in my faith.  It was something I took for granted.





Since moving here we've spent 7 years going from church to church.  They are all great churches...don't get me wrong.  They teach the word.  They worship the Lord.  It's just different.  It's been a giant hole in our hearts...a big void.  So to stand there on that unexpected Sunday morning and worship freely and to feel God's presence so STRONG...I wept.  I soaked it in.  I ate it up like a starving little bird with it's mouth wide open waiting for that worm from it's momma.  Sometimes you don't realize how dry and thirsty you are until you get those first few drops of water.  So that was worth the extra day in my mind.  Sharing the Lord with my friend.  Praising Jesus shoulder to shoulder with her.  Seeing how blessed she is...made me happy.  It was a beautiful thing.






Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails