Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

thrill of the week

The mailbox can be such an exciting place.  There's just something about seeing a manila envelope with my name on it that makes my day:))  My sweet friend Sasha just opened an Etsy store this past week and I couldn't be more proud of her.  She's always creating things and so it just seemed natural for her to make some extra and sell them.
 

Yes I'm at the salon.  I had gray hairs growin' outta control.  But that's another post;)


I instantly fell in love with her camera straps, among other things.  I've been looking for just the right one for my fancy camera for awhile now, and can I just say it gave my sweet toy a brand new look and feel.  It's like a "she" now.  She's fully dressed and playful and ready for me to whip her out at any given moment.  It looks so much better than that ugly red and black strap.  So fine in fact that I had to get TWO!!!   SO adorable.  Anyway if you haven't checked out her store yet you must. go. NOW!!





I also had the excitement of meeting a blogging friend in person for the first time.  If you've been reading awhile you know I usually get nervous.  You'd think I'd be used to it by now.  I've done it a lot over the past couple of years, but regardless when Alicia from La Famille emailed me and said she was coming to the Twin Cities I still got those butterflies in my stomach.  Will we click?  Will she think I'm the same as I am on my blog??  Will there be crickets...HA!  Hardly:) 


First of all she's gorgeous...tall, dark, and fresh faced.  She walked up and I was surprised by how long her hair was.  She's one of those that doesn't really show many pics of herself.  We talked non-stop for a while and then her adorable honey came in.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of him too.  They are just the cutest couple evah! 


Anyway it was amazing meeting her in person.  I've always loved her comments, her blog is so creative and her Etsy store is really sweet.  I was kind of sad when I drove off.  Why oh why does she have to live in South Dakota for cryin' out loud.  This bond that blogging has provided is real...it's true.  The women I've met all have this common thread and it's amazing how we just get each other.  It's a wonderful place to be.  I encourage you if you haven't made the bold move to meet one of your online friends...do it!  It's a thrill and an experience you'll never forget:)







Have a blessed day.








***Oh and it's not too late to enter the Thrive Project.  Don't forget to enter your photo!!***

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails