Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

peace seeker


I've been a stress mess lately.  It takes me a bit to come off the Etsy shop frenzy I guess.  It was a mega whirlwind and I'm already thinking about February.  Which is ridiculous I know, but it's how I'm wired.  I've never been good with having deadlines.  I stress out easily.  Great attributes for someone who owns their own business;)  If there is something that needs done I'm on it and it's a tad ridiculous.


For instance...we finished cuffing last Monday.  Tuesday I did laundry, packed, prepared for Asheville.  Wednesday we drove...in the middle I bought all of our Christmas...Saturday we drove home.  Sunday we did laundry and unpacked.  Monday I decorated the house.  Tuesday we did the tree and wrapped gifts etc...  Add painting in the basement, working out, attempting the Paleo diet, blogging and making gift returns and you get just a little glimpse of the go go. 


And my mind is even worse.  I have a constant to do list running at all times.  I know I'm not alone.  We are all so busy at this time of year.  But I was telling my honey yesterday sometimes I feel like I'm going to blow a gasket.  Like literally my head is going to explode from the stress and craziness.  I want with everything in me to slow down.  To not be running full speed all the time and I don't know how to get off the merry go round.




You know what he said. 



You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3


Boom!  In a millisecond I felt the tension lift a little.  My mind is on everything I have to get done.  All the million to do's.  Including fixing everyone's problems....being super mom, worrying about my girls, friends, readers with issues etc...  I'm taking it ALL ON and I simply cannot
There I said it.




It's time to let the ball drop and have Him lift it for me. 
I should have done it weeks ago!


I think it's similar to how we go through the motions of tradition to remind ourselves of the past...the good memories.  We need to center up and focus on remembering our spiritual history and all the good things He's done.  How He's carried us when we were weak.  How He's met our needs...even if it's not how we saw it going down.  How He saved us when we were lost.  How our strength and ability ultimately comes from Him.  That is the peace I'm seeking.  That is my only goal right now.  Find that peace and hold on tight.







**BTW wanted to let you in on a HUGE give-away. 
Casey Wiegand is hosting a BIG ONE on her blog.  
A cuff and a gallery wrap print are in the amazing line up:))





Be a blessing.






bacon
gift bags
old time Christmas music
cozy twinkly lights
a husband that speaks truth over me
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails