Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

where i am



Summer is basically leaving me breathless. I have about a dozen different posts I can write.  Things I really should talk about one by one, but I feel like a giant stop watch is counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until it all slips away and routine begins again.  And with the inevitable routine comes schedules, mounds of school forms and homework, and to be honest it makes me a little sad.  I'm not quite ready for my girls to go back.  I love having them home.  I love exploring and go, go, going. 


Speaking of going, my friend Brandee has been pleading with me to go to the lake with her forever!  Well not forever, but for the last two years;)  I've been patient with her...explained that I'm not a lake girl.  I prefer soft sand and waves, maybe a palm tree or two.  Murky water that I can't see into doesn't appeal, but I finally gave in and I'm so glad I did.  We made the trek to Holiday Lake one day and she really did show me her happy place.  Thank you friend.




It was clean and peaceful.  It relaxed me, even with her big brood and my little one.  The kids splashed about, with Brandee eagle eyeing hers relentlessly.  It reminded me of those early years when the girls were teeny and I couldn't let my breath out for second.  And honestly it made me appreciate the season I'm in.  We all get a little melty around newborns, but it's a lot of work!  A lot!  I guess I'm just in that grateful I did it and now I'm done stage.  Just saying...



So that felt like a big giant bucket list checked off...LAKE DAY WITH BRANDEE...CHECK!  Good times:) 



Fast forward to tonight and an amazing mountain top concert. When I paint I almost always put on Kari Jobe.  Her music is anointed.  There's just no other way for me to describe it.  No matter how many times I hear the same song over and over again I get goosebumps and cry. So yeah seeing her in person tonight was magical.



Hands raised.  Her little form dancing all over the stage...completely free in worship.  It's how I want to live every.single.day!  Where the spirit is there is freedom.  FREEDOM!  Jumping up and down.  Twirling.  Uninhibited...in love with my Savior.  It was beautiful. 


And His name is powerful! 
 


She sang all my favorites...Healer, Revelation, and that awesome David Crowder Band song...Oh How He loves us.  I thought my heart would explode.  It was heaven come down. 


This week has been hard on some personal levels.  There are a lot of question marks floating around.  Some of my close peeps are hurting.  The icky part of life is happening, and I've had a few days of why God why?!   And He reminded me tonight that in those hard places He sees us through with lovingkindness.  I don't have to understand it.  I don't have to be okay with it, but His hand is holding mine and theirs. Our story is being shaped and our lives are being cared for...even in the hard.  And through it all faith is being built.  It's when our focus is fuzzy that we have to completely lean...completely rely. And that's where I am. 






Heading to the real beach for a few days with my peeps;)
  Follow along if you want on Instagram...farmgirlpaints.






Be a blessing.
 









no more braces for big chick...pic to come
road tripping
lake day with Brandee
seasons
Kari Jobe
 

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails