Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

through my foggy lens

 


Most people like to settle in and be at home for the summer.  I get that.  But there's some magnetic pull in me that just wants to GO!!!  I love to see new places. What's more exciting than jumping in the car and driving for hours;)  Soaking in the completely new and unfamiliar.



It feels like we've been gone more this summer than we've been home.   And honestly it's made the summer go really fast.  I wish I could push pause and squeeze in at least two more weeks before the girls go back to school.  Is that too much to ask;)??


We all have various opinions of summer ending.  Read Jen Hatmaker's take here.  She wrote a very funny post about being REALLY ready for her kids to be back in school.  I get her point.  I totally do.  She has five kids!!!  But I'm kind of on the opposite spectrum...I honestly dread the girls being gone all day.  It may be because they keep me company.  I get lonely sometimes working from home and they make my days brighter.  They also play really good together and disappear for hours at a time to play Barbie or do art stuff.  I can have them home and yet still have my space.  It's a good balance.  I'm going to miss them.






So back to traveling...our last trip was to Hilton Head, South Carolina.  We'd never been before and I have to say we feel in love with that area.  The beaches were perfect.  Imagine the softest powdery sand between your toes.  Gentle almost ladylike warm waves.  It was a great idea to go there.  And a perfect opportunity to see Honey's mom and step dad.  They live in Florida and met us half way;)  Genius! 
 


The girls gave us sand massages on the beach.   


There were several games of Battleship:) 







 
We discovered the AMAZING Salty Dog Café.  Thank you IG peeps!!
I got the scallops.  Beyond good.  I think I moaned repeatedly:)


And then there was rain:) To say it's been a wet summer would be an understatement.  It has rained almost every single day...Hilton Head was no exception.  But it worked out.  We got our beach time in.  We were able to do everything we wanted.  And little chick threw in umbrellas at the last minute.  Smart girlie;) 



Some much needed cuddles with Grandma Minnie. 


We curled up one night and caught The Time Traveler's Wife.  Have you ever seen that?  I love Rachel McAdams, so that hooked me at first.  It's about a man who has a genetic disorder that makes it impossible for him to stay in one place in time for every long.  He "disappears" all throughout the movie traveling back and forth in time back to when he met his wife when she was a little girl.  It's all sorts of strange and corny, but it was surprisingly entertaining.





Sometimes I wish I had that ability...to transcend time and revisit my past for a few minutes and then jump ahead and see what the future holds.

 

 Of course God has a plan for my future and if I knew every little thing I wouldn't need to trust Him would I?  So I guess I'll just settle for embracing the present and bask in the comforting knowledge that He holds my future.  I'm His girl.  It has to be good right?!  What daddy wouldn't want the very best for his girl:)




**Oh and pretty please pray for my honey...we just discovered that he has a hernia and will need surgery soon.  Thank you:)







Be a blessing.
 









shared memories with loved ones
scallops with melted butter
my own bed
a Daddy that holds my future
sand between my toes
freckles
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails