Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

clear the stage


Happy Valentine's day my sweet sweet friends.  I don't have any candy or hearts or balloons for you.  Sorry:/  We can just pretend though right?  Close your eyes...picture we're sitting in a cute little bakery lingering over a delicious cupcake loaded high with cheesecake frosting.  There's swanky music playing in the background and a steaming cup of swirly heart lattes in front of us.  We're laughing and carrying on.  Awwwwww...love this daydream.   We're having a heart to heart, and this is what I said...



I'm not sure if it was the Daniel Fast in January that started the whole thing or what, but for the last several Sundays when I stand in worship at church I feel as if my chest will literally explode.  We are singing songs that we've sang many times before, yet my heart feels like it's the first time I've heard them.  My eyes tear up and spill over for Him.  I can't raise my hands high enough.  I can't sing loud enough.  I want to burst.  The seats are full.  I can feel that revival is in the air.




I've experienced it before.  I grew up in the church.  I know about the meetings that go on and on and on.  I've been to them.  Where you feel His presence so strong you half expect to see Him descend from the sky.  The little hairs on your arms stand at attention.


Our preacher has been talking about the churches in Revelation.  The ones that on the outside were pretty and  pulled together.  The ones where the seats were full and the band was perfect and the pastor gave great messages.  Where everything seemed fine, but on the inside they had dried up and lost their passion.





He's speaking truth to the church about being hungry for Him.  About being filled with the Spirit.  About following in Baptism, about being anointed.  And it's good.  I can feel His presence filling the room.  My spirit man is gobbling it up.  And my girls are sitting right there with us.  They are raising their hands.  Their ears are filling with God's word and I know their hearts are full for Him too.  It's a beautiful thing.




And as my pastor pulls together these messages on the church and the missteps they were taking I'm thinking to myself...Is that me?  Am I pulled together on the outside, but not quite where I should be on the inside?  Is my whole heart 100% HIS?  Is my whole being willing to be used and broken and ready for come what may?



I want it to be.  I don't want to have anything before Him, but if I'm being completely honest with myself I know that I do put other things before Him.  Ack!  I do.  But who doesn't?  Is it even possible to live with Him as the center of my focus all the time?  How can I get there??





Jimmy Needham - Clear the Stage from jimmy-needham on GodTube.

A dear friend told me about this song recently.  Take just a minute and listen...really listen.  It ministered to me in such a big way.  It's called clear the stage.





Happy love day friends.
You really are like Valentine's to me on a daily basis!  Love ya.
Be a blessing.








992.  hunger and thirst for Him
993.  music that ministers
994.  my sweet valentine's
 995.  "leading lady" red lips

996.  honeycomb light love

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails