Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Numb



Almost on a daily basis we get bombarded with tragedy. It's on the internet, tv...other blogs. To be honest when I hear about an earthquake or school shooting it resonates with me for approximately 1 minute and then I turn the channel.





I've
become numb and desensitized to the pain. It's overwhelming and I don't know about you, but I feel so small and inadequate that I don't really know what to do about any of it anyway.




Not
sure if it's a defense mechanism I've built up or if I've just gotten callous, but I want to change. I want to feel again.





One of my followers Ana has been contacting me about the strange natural disasters going on in Guatemala. She has pleaded with me to share...to pray. Their poor country has been hit so hard. They had a volcano erupt leaving rocks and ashes covering everything. Some places it was up to 3 inches thick. Many of their humble homes have collapsed due to the weight.





To
make matters worse a tropical storm called Agatha has been pouring heaving rainfall over their towns making a bad situation much worse. Most of these people had very little to begin with and have now lost everything. Over one hundred people have died...it's just unbelievable. I haven't heard one thing about it here...until I took a minute and looked it all up.





My plea to you is to just pause and feel. Put yourself in that town with the disruption and chaos. Take a minute to say a prayer for them, and if you feel led to do more here is a link where you can donate to help rebuild the homes lost. Thanks:)




Have a blessed day.





All photos courtesy of the Associated Press
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails