Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Scrabble...Sasha style:)



When Becky asked me to guest post, of course I said, "Yes!" But then I realized that guest posting is incredibly similar to presenting a speech. (Except that picturing y'all at your keyboards in your underwear was actually quite unnerving, rather than calming.) So, after a half day of panicking and freaking out about what I should post on, Becky told me to just make something. Huh. Why didn't I think of that?




I'd had this project in mind for a while, and realized it would be the perfect, easy type of craft for a guest post. First, you'll need to gather some old scrabble tiles. (I found mine in an antique mall, and you can read about that adventure, over on my blog.) The only other item you will need for this project, is a roll of magnetic tape. (found at the craft store) Magnetic tape has quickly become my new little friend... It's the perfect width for a scrabble tile, but tears off just like tape!



You simply tear off the right amount of magnetic tape, and stick it onto the back of the scrabble tile. (If you mis-measure and it's a little longer than you need, simply trim it a bit, with an exacto-knife, once it's stuck down. That's the sort of thing that could keep me awake nights. Seriously. I'm not proud, I'm just saying.)




You can then use these tiles for all manner of gentle reminders.



In fact, you can use these tiles for evil...I'm sorry- my dog happened to walk past me as I was moving these words around. (A word of advice, don't get two "p's" and then no one will be able to spell out the word, "poop." Not that anyone in my household would try to do that.)




You can also use these tiles for good. Your choice. Of course, you'll need to get plenty of extra vowels, and two of the letter, "s" or else your messages will look like they came from your first grader.





Written by the incredibly witty and crafty
Sasha Brodeur...aka Lemonade Makin' Mama:) Isn't she a goof:) Thank you girlie!




Ps....don't forget to enter my Island give-away.







Have a blessed day.


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails