Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's the Little Things, Part 2

My mom makes THE best Lemon Squares. I've always had them growing up and it didn't dawn on me until the last time I went home to ask her for the recipe. They make me soooo happy. They melt in your mouth and just ooze sweet goodness. I had Bunco last night and they all wanted the recipe so I thought I'd share it here with you.
Lemon Squares
Step one: Crust
1 cup flour, 1 stick softened Margarine or butter
1/4 cup confection sugar
Mix together and use a cookie sheet and press out firmly and put in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Step two: Filling
2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder,
2 T lemon juice
Mix together and pour over crust and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool and then slice into bars. You can easily double this recipe. Super easy and it's all ingredients that we keep on hand.

Yesterday Missy and I went antiquing in Carver. I found the cutest little turquoise metal bench and a little birdy to sit on it at the Antique Treasure store there. She had the idea of putting the votive candle on it. I'm going to put in on my kitchen window sill. Something about birds make me smile. Then I found the neatest thing. We were in the flower shop inside the Antique Treasure store and they had this "Firefly Jar". It twinkles!! The picture doesn't do it justice, but there are batteries in the lid and it makes the little fireflies light up and twinkle...I'm in love:) When I was home I bought this pig at the Country Junction store in Clinton, IL. Isn't he cute? He kind of leans into the table beside him. What is it about pigs that warm my heart? Anyway all these "little" things make me smile when I look at them, so I thought I'd share them with you. What little things make you smile?

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails