Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Big Chick's Room

A while back I redid big chick's room. We did it like a makeover show. She slept in her sister's room and I painted away for almost a week and then we did a big reveal. It was fun and she loved the results.
The old iron bed was mine when I was a little girl. I repainted it and distressed it a little with bronze glaze. I sewed the duvet cover to match a quilt I found at TJ Maxx.
The bookshelves were really ugly wooden laminate. I just lightly sanded and painted them white and then glazed them. They look so much better.
I matched her vanity with the pink on the wall and then below we did a funky black chalkboard wall. If you have ever worked with this paint before you know what a chore that was. It's really thick and messy. But that is probably my favorite part of the room redo.
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails