Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Home


We moved up to Minnesota almost 5 years ago. I really can't believe it's been that long. Today was just one of those days that I missed Home. My folks live out in the country in central Illinois and it's just really beautiful. From their front porch there is nothing but flat plains and fields for as far as the eye can see. My favorite thing is to sit and visit doing absolutely nothing but swinging and staring at the horizon ahead. There is just nothing like home, no matter where you are from. There is this comfortable smell, familiar sights and sounds and it just feels right. I miss my parents very much and it does get harder the older they get. I hate being so far away, but as weird as it sounds to me Minnesota has become my new home and this circle of friends have become my "new family". Now if my homesickness would just go away:)
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails