Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, January 19, 2015

the gathering...

I'm sitting here trying to form the words to describe our first "FGP gathering".  Surreal pops in my mind, and then LOUD quickly follows;)  If you're just catching up recently I felt the urge to invite locals to a women's meet up.  I've been longing for community here and it just wasn't knocking on my door, so one cray Instagram post later and voila...the FGP gathering was in motion;)


Obedience is an interesting thing.  I've felt prompts in my life before.  Brave Girl camp quickly surfaces.  Going up and introducing myself to my now very close friend Lori in a grocery store.  Moving to Virginia.  Deciding to turn my Etsy store into an occasional shop after a vivid dream etc...  


There are moments when you physically hear from God.  Your heart races.  Your hands turn a little clammy.  Fear immediately trickles in.  That's our logic...our human voice saying nooooooo I can't do this.  This isn't me.  The little hairs on your arms rise confirming that fact.  Generally obedience requires you to do something uncomfortable.  It requires you to be brave and bold and possibly look silly or fall flat on your face, which of course you won't, but you don't know that because you are walking a tight rope, scared to death...with Him as your safety net.  Are you still with me??



That's what inviting these women to my house felt like...a complete stepping out in faith...walking that obedience tight rope.  What I've discovered along the way is that when you listen to those promptings and obey the reward is going to be sweet.  Like blow your mind, satisfy you to the core delicious!  And that's how this evening turned out.  Me, always an internal mess with my shortcomings.  Afraid of looking silly.  Not comfortable entertaining...because that's not natural for me. So wanting everyone to feel seen, heard and loved!  And then God swooping in...following me around with that imaginary net, but of course I'd never need it because He'd never let me fall.

I look at this picture with the words Gather written on the wall and my heart swells.  The tears come.  You see HE knows those crevices in our hearts that no one sees.  He knows your deepest desires and He loves you SO very much.  There is nothing...NOTHING He can't see through in your life.  Listen for His leading...His whispers.  When your hands turn clammy and your heart starts racing in fear don't hesitate for a second because it's gonna be good.  He's got you and it's not only going to change your world, but it will spill over to everyone else around you.







Be a blessing.










thanksfuls
 painting again...
 watching my girl do hard things...
 i call her june.  she's my new thing...more to come;)
i like big fonts and i cannot lie:)
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails