Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

detoxing...

Good morning friends!  Once again I feel like I need to apologize for being gone so long, but that's ridiculous.  You guys love me right?  You know I've been busy!  The shop closed last Friday and we are still stamping and working HARD to get these cuffs out to you.  Hopefully finishing up today:)  I'm in complete and utter awe at how God provides with every single opening.  We were right on track with our giving too.  The Graham Family was blessed and this thrills me to my toes.  Thank you!!


This opening felt a little different.  The Lord showed up in a big way like always, but I also felt the enemy lurking around.  It started the Sunday before the shop opened.  We had just heard the best message about prayer and Jabez.  He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request (1 Chron 4:10).  

I left the service so encouraged and buoyed by God's word and His promises, but things also started feeling weird.  I could just sense attack.  Little chick cut her finger Monday morning and needed stitches.  Honey and I were tense with each other.  We had some hiccups with our remodeling projects.  And then I got a mean spirited note from some anonymous person.  Which by the way made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.


Tell me this isn't just some dart from the enemy to discourage and defeat!  But in a weird way it gave me the assurance that we are heading in the right direction with Farmgirl Paints.  Powerful, promise-filled stamped words are circling the globe!! Light and love is being worn daily...visible.  Money is being raised to encourage and be a blessing, and the enemy isn't a fan.  But...greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).  No weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17).  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Eph 6:12).  THESE are the words that kept going through my head.  So grateful for God's word and His reassurance and guidance.  What would we do without it!!


So in addition to all the shop hustle and bustle I've been doing a 14 day sugar detox.  And can I just say I was completely nutso taking this on while being completely overwhelmed with shop stuff, and yard and kitchen projects, but once again I felt God's hand on me and there has been a grace to making changes.  The timing is never going to be perfect.  Never!  But guess what??  I did it.  I can't believe I did it, but I did:)  I quit sugar for 2 weeks!!!  Despite being a little low energy I felt GREAT!



It ended on Sunday and I still haven't added back creamer, had a piece of bread, chips, crackers etc or any CHOCOLATE!!  Say what!!!!  I know.  With every fiber of my being I want to stay the course.  I'm loving my even keel levels.  I feel in control.  I'm not constantly snacking.  I don't think about food.  I'm eating vegetables.  THIS is MAJOR!  Like really major!!!  I drink black coffee.  Instead of sandwiches and chips I'm having sliced turkey or tuna with avocado.  Cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas and blueberries are my sweets:)  I have smoothies for breakfast and turkey soup for dinner.  And my favorite snack is a Paleo wrap with almond butter and a thinly sliced granny smith apple right before bed.  I've found the thing that has made my brain finally click over and I'm so excited.  I've lost about 5 pounds.  My face looks a little thinner.  It's good.  So here is my turkey soup recipe:



This is the doubled version of my 
AWESOME Turkey Soup recipe:
2 pounds ground turkey
one package frozen onion
2 cans diced tomatoes with juice
2 boxes of reduced sodium chicken broth
2 packages frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower mix
garlic...maybe a tsp or so
Cajun spice, salt and pepper to taste



Brown the ground turkey...get it good and brown.  Cook with onions and garlic until soft and smells really good.  Add to the simmering chicken broth, tomatoes, vegetable mix.  Season with salt and pepper and Cajun spice to taste.


If you want to sign up for your own Detox group click here for more information. I highly suggest it..  Marta provides all the information you need, helpful articles, recipes and an online support group to encourage and motivate along the way:)







Be a blessing,









just a few of the mannnyyyy thankfuls...
cutest new pillow in the history of ever. made from a vintage fabric calendar.  
sunsets that remind me this earth is NOT my home.
a new chalk wall in my kitchen. creativity BLISS!!  
the best customers/ig followers in the world! what a beautiful support group the Lord has provided!!




Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails