Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, June 17, 2013

the love auction

Several years ago I attended a Steven Curtis Chapman concert.  It was pivotal.  I sat there weepy eyed as they showed children in need of a home.  My heart started racing a bit as he talked about his story and experiences with adoption.  I felt that tugging, and I knew that we had a home.  That we had lots of love and rooms for shelter.  At that moment I really thought I felt the call to adopt. 

I went home and immediately shared my excitement with honey and quickly discovered we didn't share the same vision.  So I started praying about it.  I left it up to the Lord and asked Him to change my honey's heart if it was something we were supposed to do.  But it didn't change...and I'm 100% okay with that.  In marriage we have to be on the same page.  You can't force children, chickens, airstream campers etc...on them;)  One can dream though and one can be a part of sheltering children and nurturing and loving others even if it isn't first hand. 

I have a friend, one I met briefly just last year...Kimberly Taylor.  Her and her mom are going to Uganda soon to help set up a home for orphans.  They are providing kitchen supplies, basic necessities, food...small creature comforts.  They are hauling as many suitcases as they can with them and gathering the rest of the supplies once they get there.  They are welcoming these children in and lavishing love on them.  They are doing what I would love to do.  What I'm sure many of us would love to be a part of but can't. 



She's hosting a fundraiser for this love endeavor on her blog today.  At 8:00 am PST an auction will start and run until Wednesday, June 19th at 6pm PST.  She's rounded up some really fun items and I'm honored and proud to have a cuff from my shop be one of them.  I hope you take a minute and search your heart.  How can we make a difference?  How can we help even if we can't physically be there?  It doesn't have to change our lives...but it will most definitely change theirs.




Be a blessing.
 






father's day...to my man...life is just better because of you

my daddy who smells like old spice and makes me tear up when he hugs me...forever grateful God chose him to be my earthly daddy.
those who have a call to action
having a part...no matter how small
shopping to save;)
schools out!
a recent switch that flipped with me again...
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails