Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

side-stepping


 
 
I have a friend who's organized to the max.  She's a planner.  She's detailed.  When she had her own business she had a 20 page business plan.  This floored me...20 pages!!  I admire and respect this proficient, prepared side to her, but we couldn't be any more opposite




I have a business and seriously it kind of just fell into my lap.  I made a cuff for myself one day, (because I love words) and I thought it was a cool thing, and pretty soon I started making them for other people.  I had no plan.  I had no idea what I was doing.  There were no projections.  I only recently started ordering my supplies wholesale...got a business license.  I'm finding my way...stumbling through. 


 
I've always really looked at my Etsy store as a little hobby while I waited to pursue my real dream.  I am Farmgirl PAINTS right?  I should be painting something...ANYTHING!  But what if God has me right here, right now...stamping away for HIS purpose.  What if those "distraction" cuffs aren't about being sidetracked, but more about being right where He wants me.  Hammer in hand.  Inspirational words, reminders, floating all over the world as His witness.  Yikes...that really is cool:)



I'm not shelving my other dreams.  I would love to illustrate a children's book, make and sell prints, have a card line etc...  All of that makes my heart pitter patter!!  And maybe/hopefully those things will happen.  Maybe I really will be an artist one day;) 


Regardless I can't be blinded to the doors HE has opened.  I can't be so completely focused on my wants, my will, that I see every other thing as a "side" step.  Life isn't a side-step.  Wanting and waiting for a dream to be fulfilled isn't a bad thing, but while I wait...while I live and breathe...I'm going to do what He's placed right before me.  What about you?  Do you feel like you are just waiting for that one thing to happen before you can start living??






Be a blessing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
thoughtful cards in the mail
comments from "strangers" that bless my heart
the gift of creativity
coke zero with vanilla from sonic;)
fun couple of days ahead
 
 my new logo stamp:))

 
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails