Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

i have decided...

Man I've missed blogging.  I'm usually pretty consistent, but things have been really hectic around here and it's gotten shoved to the back burner.  I miss writing.  I miss sharing our lives.  Spilling it all out here...in this special spot.  So here goes;)




You know when you kind of stand back and watch your life from above.  Not like an "out of body" experience, but when it just comes full circle and you can remember when you did certain things as a child and here you are a grown adult, and you are watching your kids do them and it just hits you smack in the middle of the forehead!  Well that's what last week was.


When I was a little girl on December 28th, 1979 I asked Jesus into my heart.  I remember it like it was last night.  I asked my mom if you used a ladder to get to Heaven and she simply shared the gospel with me...right at our kitchen table. 


She said the angels were writing my name down in the Lamb's book of Life.  I remember crying and feeling God's presence.  I remember the date because she promptly made a little memento with my class picture on it and we stuck it right on the bulletin board.  I was 6.  I've of course matured in my faith since then, but that's where the first faith seeds were sown.  That's when I knew the truth and my eyes were opened.  




A while back we were able to share with the gospel with our girls and they accepted the Lord into their hearts.  Since that time we've been wanting to work out a time for them to get baptized...to follow in His footsteps.  The timing has been off since we moved to VA. 


It's hard when you live away from family.  Of course we want everyone there and that's just impossible.  And we didn't want to do it back home...Virginia IS our home now.   I just needed my mom and dad, and God worked that out.  Even Grandma was peeking over the balcony of heaven, right there with us.






This was the month they were changing it up at church.  Instead of going right over to the tank they were having those being baptized come up front and share a little bit.  Can I just say I was a nervous wreck??!!  One of my biggest fears is speaking in front of people.  I don't know why.  It's kind of ridiculous, but it is.  So for my girls to get up there... Ack!  Lord help me. 


At home we had rehearsed a little what the Pastor might ask and they answered, but it made me cringe a little.  They seemed kind of unsure what to say and as the day approached I got more and more nervous.  Then Sunday morning rolled around and little chick woke up with a stomach ache and I immediately thought it was nerves.  Because Lord knows if it was me MY stomach would hurt...uh actually my stomach DID hurt now that I think about it!! 


I didn't need to be nervous though one by one they marched up to the stage, took the microphone and declared that Jesus was their Savior and they wanted to do what He did.  Little chick read off her favorite scripture Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Big chick boldly declared that she wanted her life to be a light...that she wanted to SHINE for Jesus.  Her verse was Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.



So needless to say by the time we got over to the baptism tank I was a blubbering mess.  It was beautiful.  I could feel the Holy Spirit so strong.  I look at these pictures and I can just feel it all over again. 





My girl felt it too.  After it was over she broke down and sobbed and sobbed.   We all joined in with her. 





 He makes all things new!
 



There are several proud moments you feel as a parent.  A good report card; a goal scored in a soccer game; an award ceremony...a kind word from a stranger.  Nothing quite compares to the joy of seeing them decide to follow Jesus.  They can strip every other thing away and that is what ultimately matters.  I have this song in my head...sing it with me.  I have decided to follow Jesus.  I have decided to follow Jesus.  I have decided to follow Jesus...no turning back, no turning back.




**A big thank you to my friend Brandee who captured the day so beautifully.






Be a blessing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
obedience
having mom and dad with us
my girls loving Him
our church
our friends here who have become our stand in family
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails