Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My winter porch



This was my porch all harvesty and fallish.  Every year we do mums and pumpkins.  We never carve them so they usually last until Thanksgiving.  But this year I'm all gungho for Christmas for some reason and I thought I'd show you how it looks now.





My friend Kristine...really inspired me by taking me to this florist wholesale place.  Talk about overwhelming.  Aisles and aisles of greenery, little berries, branches, ribbon etc...  It was awesome.





When I left I had all kinds of goodies to fill up my wooden baskets.  These baskets are really special to us and never leave our front porch.  Honey's dad made them and they look so good with greenery in them.  Who knew?  I've never decorated the outside for winter.  Just lazy I guess...or TOO COLD!  Anyway I got 4 greenery bundles, 2 berry bundles, a blueish white bundle, a snowy branch with pine cones and a willowy tree thing to fill each one in.  I think I got all of it for around $80 at that wholesale place, and it will last me years.  So yay!


Kristine came over and we just ripped out my poor old mums and shoved the bundles right down into the dirt.  Easy peasy.  Seriously took us all of 10 minutes to decorate the front porch.






She helped me wrap some pretty red and white ribbon on my old wreath and my little goose.  We threw some IKEA pillows on the chairs and voila!  Instant makeover.  I don't know why I never did this before.  It's so cheery & happy.  May just be the ticket to enjoying winter a little more.






How about you?  Do you fancy up your outside for winter??




Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails