Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Suck it up!




I've been fighting feelings of dread lately.  The wind has been whipping around the house making the siding creak and growl.  It's been grey and rainy...cold.  As much as I want to embrace all that fall is I struggle.  Fall leads to Winter and therein lies the rub.  I need color.  I HAVE to have color and there isn't any for months.  I have to literally fight feelings of wanting to run away.  It's that bad.





So I was complaining to my mom the other day, looking for sympathy or compassion or something and she said and I quote...suck it up!  What???  That's not what I expected from my momma.  She said it's a season, it's part of life and you just need to deal with it.  Well geesh I know that, but I want to wallow and feel sorry for myself.  Where's the love??  But you know what...she was dishing love.  Giving it to me straight, and she's 100% right.  If I look at these next few months in a positive way and not dread it, my attitude will adjust too.







I'm making a list right now of the things I like about Fall and Winter and I'm going to try really hard to embrace the season that's coming and not DREAD it.  So who's with me...anyone?;)  I think this can also apply to other areas.  Are you struggling with a job that you hate or going through a storm that seems never ending?   Let's "suck it up" together and trust that the Lord will help us make it through;)  Okay so here's my list:


1.  I can pull out my hats and scarves:)
2.  I can light my fireplace.
3.  I don't have to shave my legs;)
4.  Thanksgiving is coming and I get to go home.
5.  When it snows it's sparkly and I love that.
6.  Comfort Food



That's all I got for now.  I'm sure it will grow.  Feel free to help me out if you think of some good stuff. 







Have a blessed day.




Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails