Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Enough


I
have to be honest. After the high of Brave Girl Camp I struggled a few days last week trying to get back into life. I felt like I was moving in molasses. My inspiration was gone. I had no energy. I had a million things to do and didn't want to do any of them. I was sad. My blogging friend Bevy warned me that a valley could happen and at the time I wasn't there yet, but it came and it stayed for a little while.





So
glad that the clouds have lifted a bit. I feel better today... thank you Lord! As I prepare for this week I have goals and self-imposed deadlines. Some are as simple as give the dog a bath, or do my homework for my Esther bible study. Others are more complex like make an art "masterpiece" with all the inspiration and knowledge I learned at camp. It's the latter that causes me to freeze up. I have issues with getting started...especially when I don't know what I'm doing. My honey does too. Today he starts his new job! But with this new job comes a new set of demands, stresses and pressures that he didn't have with the old. We are the same in the fact that we fear failure. That is what holds me back with my art. I want it to be perfect and in that quest for perfection I get frozen. I get stuck. I guess if I don't start I can't screw it up...





Well
I'm tired of being afraid, holding back. If I learned nothing else at camp it was to spread my wings and soar. Even my bird holds that message for me in it's cute little beak. So how do I do it...jump from that ledge?? I think maybe realizing that what I have to offer is enough. I am enough. I don't have to be like this person or that. God has given me gifts and talents and they are as individual and specific to me as my fingerprints. So I have decided to do it afraid and "fake it 'til I make it." Really what do I have to lose:)





Have a blessed day.




All images can be found on
Etsy - Dahlia's House Studio
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails