Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last day on Earth


My brother Rick recently had an accident. He was helping cut down some tree limbs, and was on a ladder with a chainsaw and the ladder buckled. He threw the saw and landed on his ankle. It was only a couple of feet to the ground, but it shattered his ankle and he suffered from a horrible break. All this happened in an instant. I'm thankful it's not worse...that he didn't kill himself, but his life will be altered for the next several months possibly forever. Life is like that. It's unpredictable and can change in an instant.


When I paint I often listen to Steven Curtis Chapman's "All Things New" CD. For some reason I am overwhelmed when I hear many of the songs on it. It is so incredibly anointed I am usually fighting back tears. One of my favorite songs is called "Last Day on Earth". He starts the song singing about a funeral procession and how his thoughts turned to what if it was his last day. The song always makes me think...what if it were my last day here on Earth. How would I live, what would I do?




In
this life there are no guarantees of tomorrow. The words of the song say, "If tomorrow comes to find me looking in the face of Jesus will I hear him say the words well done"?? I want my life to count. I want to make a difference and I want the people around me to be better because they knew me. I know for a fact if it were my last day I would surround myself with everyone I loved and they would know exactly how I felt. I would hold nothing back. I would hold nothing back.


Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails