Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Guest Retreat


My folks are coming to stay with us for a week. I am so excited to have them!! We created this space in our basement, so they or whoever comes, has a quiet place away from the rest of the house.


This hallway is right off of my studio space.


I got this church pew at a garage sale for $60.00. Isn't it beautiful? It was plain white and chipped up, so I sanded, primed, painted and then distressed it a little. It fits this this long hallway perfectly!



The bathroom is tiny, but functional. The picture doesn't show the corner shower stall...but it's there. This room is so small it feels like a porta-potty to me. I can easily touch the ceiling. I painted the ceiling the same color as the walls to make it feel a little bigger.


I love pictures of France, Italy... anywhere really beautiful. I have lots of framed posters all over my house. It's an inexpensive solution for artwork.


I'm going to make a headboard someday for this bed. Any suggestions?? I've been to some amazing DIY sites. I just need to narrow it down and decide on a gameplan.


My
two favorite colors are orange and green. I love this room. It's really warm and fresh. The ceilings are lower in there too and it just creates a cozy haven. I feel really spoiled to have a space for when we have guests. It's like they have their own little retreat.


Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails