Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Floorcloth Rugs

A few years ago my mom sent me a magazine featuring an artist that painted floorcloths. This was news to me. I had never seen anything like this before. So in my excitement I eagerly gathered my supplies and embarked on this new exciting adventure. The one pictured above is the first one that I did. This one is under our kitchen table. I saw this design in a magazine somewhere. The rugs are made from canvas material that are cut to size and hemmed with double sided tape. They are primed 2-3 times and then the latex base coat is applied. I use acrylic paints for the design and seal the top coat with 2-3 coats of polyeurethane. Last but not least I buff with bowling alley wax. This helps seal and protect the rug from wear and the elements.
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails