Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, December 16, 2011

a new creation



Today was the deadline I made for myself to get everything shipped out.  I hate deadlines.  Seems as soon as I have one the stress just piles on my shoulders, but with a huge sigh of relief I'm officially done.  The paintings are wrapped and ready to be sent out.  The school parties are over and we are on break!  Yay for breaks:))) 



Tomorrow we will celebrate Christmas at our house.  Our little family will get up and hit the local donut shop...come home and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and then open some gifts.  Then later in the week we'll pack up and head home to Illinois...and celebrate again!  Whew tired just thinking about it, but I'm not going to stress.  I refuse.  It's time to have fun.






Remember that "mask party" I went to recently??  You can see it here.  I finally painted mine this week.  It just came to me what it should be.  The Lord has really been working on me lately.  I've noticed some ugliness, and to be honest I'm grateful that I've noticed it.  How often do we walk around unaware of sin in our lives.  We just go through the motions completely oblivious.  One of my very favorite scriptures in the Bible is Psalms 139:  23Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!  24And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. 





So I painted my face black to represent the old sinful nature.  I wrote in some sin that I've been struggling with...pride, discontentment, impatience, selfishness...you get the drift.  BUT those things are covered by His blood.  I'm washed clean and made new right??  My sins are forgiven...PRAISE GOD!!!  That doesn't mean I want to wallow and live in that sin though.   




I felt that a brightly colored butterfly should represent the things that are coming.  The things that are emerging in my life...like surrender, mercy, grace, love, truth and compassion among others.  It's a beautiful reminder to me that I'm a work in progress.  He loves me too much to let me stay in that sin.  I'm a new creation.  So grateful for that truth.  I encourage you to examine your own heart.  You may need a visual too.  Take off that mask and ask God to open your eyes and be prepared to be humbled.



2 Corinthians 5:17  Amplified Bible (AMP)

17Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!





Have a blessed day.





313.  meeting deadline
314.  a big birthday to celebrate
315.  truth and love in big doses
316.  recognizing people...my new people at school yesterday
317.  sore muscles
318.  accountability partners
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails