Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

kindness matters



I woke up last week alone on my birthday.  Honey was out of town.  It was just me at the crack of dawn...laying there with my thoughts.  It gave me a minute to let it soak in.  I'm 40!  I hit that mile mark.  A new decade... 


It was so funny the night before as I was saying goodnight to my honey I was like this is the last time you'll hear my voice in my 30's.  And as I tucked the girls in I reminded them, this is the last night you'll see your momma in her 30's.  HA!  I surprise myself.  I really didn't think I would be so affected by a number, but I was.  I felt the change.  Not the aging part, but the throttle forward.  That actual propelling...weird!


Anyway I wasn't going to write a post about my birthday.  It's been a week.  I said my blanket thank you's to my facebook, IG friends and sweet blog readers.  I didn't really want to focus on it anymore, but my people went to so much trouble to make me feel special that I can't just skip over it.  SO these pics are just a small tidbit of that. 


I've been going through a little pity party lately.  Feeling lonely here.  Feeling isolated.  And most of that revolves around my work and honey's work.  I was missing my "tribe" in MN...you know that group of women to run around with.  That feeling of belonging.  A sense of home (family) here.
 
 

Then recently I really felt the Lord, almost put His hand on my shoulder and whisper to me that I have LOTS of friends.  I'm seriously blessed beyond measure with amazing women who LOVE me!  ME...just the way I am. 


Sometimes we have our needs met, but it just doesn't look the way we think it should. They may not all live here.  I may not see most of them daily or face to face very often.  An occasional phone call, text or email is just the way it has to be, but I'm surrounded by love.  I need to focus on what I do have.  And what I do have IS a TRIBE!


God has put all sorts of women in my path.  And it astounds me actually that I have peeps in all corners of this world.  He has placed each one of them in my circle for a reason.  They each fulfill a different role and minister to me in different ways.  Even some of you whom I've never met in person mean the world to me!  How crazy is that!!  My cup runneth over.


I'm reveling today in the fact that kindness matters greatly.  That receiving love is a humbling thing...an overwhelming gift.  One that I hope I can reciprocate to all the precious women in my life. 
 
 
 
Thank you all so much for investing in me.  For cheering me on.  For joining my tribe.  Together we courageously swipe on the warpaint of life:))  So glad I'm not alone...never alone.







Be a blessing.
 










friends that sneak and plot
 
feeling overwhelmed by hourly love on my bday...towel found here
owl cupcakes that were a labor of love
liza's advice;)
God's gentle reminders

the gift of another year
for a nation that rallys...praying for you oklahoma!
 
 
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails