Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, March 22, 2013

darting God

It's one of those glorious mornings.  My world is chill.  The air is frosty and cool.  The sun is streaming into my office.  The house is quiet except for the whirl of the dishwasher.  The kitchen is sparkly clean.  All is well.


I was laying in bed last night talking to my honey about prayer requests.  Every single person that I can think of has a specific prayer request.  I seriously can't pull up one friend...one family member that I know of that I doesn't have something specific to pray for in regards to either their health, finances, job search, faith, marriage etc...  The list is never ending.  That's life.  There is always something that we need.  Something that we are waiting for.  Something...


I probably say or write 10 times a day or more...praying!  And I do.  With every hit of the enter button, with every text I send, I shoot another "message" prayer up to my Heavenly daddy and I wonder if that is enough.  Did I make my request known enough?  Was that little 10 second prayer too pathetic...too small and insignificant to really make a difference??  It feels lame, but who has time to get lengthy.  And quite honestly I don't know what else to say except God please help __________!  They need you.  And God please provide ________ or heal ___________ or work out ___________.  I know I repeat myself.  I know it seems rote and impersonal, but I don't know what else to say. 


I'm thinking He hears me.  I'm thinking it matters even when I don't feel it.  I have peace when I shoot those "arrow prayers" to Him even if it's only for a split second.



So speaking of praying.  My heart has been a little heavy for my momma.  She's still very much in that grieving stage over the loss of her mom.  I can hear it in her voice when I call...the mock cheerfulness. The tiny break in her voice, and effort to keep from weeping.  It's so incredibly hard to lose someone.  My heart hurts for her, because I know one day that will be me.  And it scares the you know what out of me:/  I hate goodbyes, but ones that last this lifetime...uh so not looking forward to that.


 
When she came recently she brought pictures of Grandma and Grandpa and the life they had.  I wish I knew them better.  Wish I could have seen them young and in love. 



Several years ago we bought our first video camera.  Immediately I had this burning desire to capture my people.  I was on a mission to get interviews with our grandparents and parents.  I'm so grateful we have these to look back on.  That we can hear their voices.  That we can walk down memory lane one more time.  If you haven't done this you really should.  It's a priceless thing to have.


So that leads me to some questions for you;)  I've been blogging a really long time.  Readers have come and gone.  I've developed some real true friendships from this platform.  It's been life changing.  I wouldn't wipe this blogging season out for anything.  I used to spend a lot more time getting to know who was reading.  I had the time.  It came naturally.  Now it seems that I do most of the talking.  So if you want to share I'd love to know more about YOU.  Where do you live?  Why do you blog...do you blog?  Do you have a prayer request?  Tell me more...  I want to hear YOUR voice;)





Be a blessing.
 









worn old photographs
memories
love that lasts a lifetime
arrow prayers...that He hears them
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails