Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

goals, dreams and fiction


I have a feeling this post is going to be random.  That's okay right?  Random is good.  I'm just throwing it all out there.  Every.single.thought in my head;)


If you've been following along on Instagram (my IG name is farmgirlpaints) you know I've been challenging myself a bit this month.  One of my hashtags is #50milesinmarch.  I saw it from another IG friend and it just struck a chord.  Not sure if you're like this or not, but I HAVE to have a goal or I do nothing.  I have to have a list.  Something...anything to get my body moving.




So this month I tied up my shoes and I kept track of my miles.  It was more or less just a number to countdown to.  It was just the little motivator that kept me moving.  It wasn't too lofty.  It actually was obtainable, and it challenged me enough that I had to keep on it or I would fall behind.  Heaven forbid;)


I had someone point out to me that just doing countless miles of cardio was really pointless and didn't do much good.  And I agree to a point.  I have enough fitness knowledge to know that intensity is key and lifting weights and watching my nutrition is really where the results will show up, but I wasn't trying to be perfect.  WHO NEEDS PERFECT!!  I was trying to just move.  And having a mile goal moved me.  So that's what I did.  I'm 8 miles away.  That's so doable!  I'm already thinking on next month.  Ready to tackle another challenge...you game??!!




I've been enjoying my time off from the shop.  One of the things I daydream about when I'm really really busy is just laying down with a good book and reading...alldaylong!  So that's what I did last week.  I've been reading one of Big Chick's books.  The Homelanders series by Andrew Klavan...SO GOOD! 


Why do I enjoy reading young adult fiction so much??  I'm starting to question my intelligence level.  Am I only able to comprehend junior high/high school fiction??  HA!  Regardless I'm happy understanding every word.  I'm happy to steal away for hours on end and lose myself in the fast pace adventure.  It's so fun to get caught up in someone else's life for a bit. 



So last week I got my hair done, and my lady highlighted it and then because I think I scared her into thinking I didn't want it too blond...she toned it down without asking me:\  This generally isn't a good plan for me.  I don't like surprises.  I go in for highlights, I want highlights...but it's growing on me.  I'm dark.  Haven't been dark in a while.  No pictures until I decide if I like it...k??




Oh wait this IS an after picture.  It doesn't look too dark.  Maybe I'm just a nut.  Regardless the girls had a make-over day too.  Little chick cut off several inches and at the last second decided on BANGS!  She's adjusted well;)  My other girlie wanted to go dark like her momma, so we low-lighted her.  It's so fun having girls to do this stuff with. 


Okay so my last random thought is in regards to the lottery powerball winner.  Have you heard about that?  Someone recently won 300+ million dollars and can get a lump sum amount of 221 million.  Can you even imagine??  I have no idea why I do this, but when I hear of lottery winners I immediately start spending their money.  So while I was at the gym the other day, doing my 50 miles, I was spending millions of dollars in my head;)  It's a fun way to pass the sweaty miles. 


I was giving money to family members and friends.  I was setting aside trust funds for the girls, and starting foundations.  I was buying our dream property on a perfect spot in upcountry...MAUI!!  It was grand.  There is just something about dreaming that is exciting.  Something about an impossible possibility that fuels this little creative trigger.  I love being carried away like that.  What would you do if you won the lottery?  What would you do if you could do ANYTHING for anyone and money was no object??  Let's dream a little:)




***Oh and thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing a little bit about yourselves with me:)  I've loved reading through your letters.  Soooo nice to meet YOU!






Be a blessing.
 





legs that carry me
friends that cheerlead
dreams that exhilarate
books that take me away
girls to do girlie stuff with
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails