Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, October 22, 2012

oh the places you'll go...

 

When I started blogging almost 4 years ago I had no idea the places I would visit...the people I would meet.  People I've only seen on the Internet have become real flesh and bone friends. I'd read about Kim Taylor...seen her in a magazine or two.  We had friends in common, but I'd never had the chance to meet her.  Until this trip, when Lissa casually mentioned taking me out to her house.  EEEKK...UH yes please
 
 
I'm not sure if you remember this about me, but I have a dream.  A dream to own an airstream camper.  A dream to fix her up all cute and travel around.  Maybe take a few months and just do the camper thing.  It's a crazy dream, but the little seed is planted.  Anyway Kim has a camper and her name is Mabel. I die.


(wishing i would have taken more pics of her house...lovely)

We weren't there very long.  Just long enough for Miss Taylor to charm my socks off.  Her house was warm and inviting.  She had cupcakes.  Really rich decadent cupcakes!  Her decorating represented her perfectly I thought.  Warm and cozy.  Elegant and sophisticated...yet casual.  


Then there was her yard...complete with critters and most importantly chickens.  Again...I die!  Y'all know I want me some chickens.  I'm trying really hard not to covet!!!  It was a highlight.  I met someone I'd heard so much about and she was sweet, warm, down to earth...real.



 
Fast forward to a few days later when the circle continued on, and I got to meet my dear blogging/IG friend Tracy. She lives out in California and I knew...just knew one day our paths would cross.  Lissa and Tracy had become great friends, so when she said she was flying in for a wedding the same weekend I was planning my visit to Seattle my head just about popped off. 
 
 
This girl is precious!  She's good to the core.  Funny!  There is some kind of magic surrounding her that makes you want to be best friends.  Some people just have that thing...the ease thing.  They make you feel good when you are around them.  That's Tracy.
 
 
 
 
I wish I had a picture of all of us together.  We were able to meet up on the day I took off for home.  We hit Pikes Market and ate at the famous Crab Pot.  We walked the streets of downtown Seattle laughing and shopping like we'd been friends our whole lives.  Sticking gum on walls;)  It's amazing how small the world really is.  How if you open yourself up to meeting new people it kind of just happens.  The doors fly open....now if these girls just lived in VIRGINIA!;)
 




Have a blessed day.

 
 
 
 
 
 
823.  long distance friends
824.  crab with warm butter
825.  new experiences
826.  my ridiculous new orange sunglasses
827.  chickens;) 
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails