Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

i sing because i'm happy...


Good morning friends.  The sun is streaming in my windows as I write this.  It's a new day.  A day to finally get out of my jammies and put on some make-up...woowoot;)  I wanted to pop in here and let you know we are all fine.  The storm didn't affect us as much as they thought, and when we woke up yesterday morning we rejoiced in the fact that our power didn't even go out!  That's a miracle!!!  It goes out during a thunderstorm...so yes we felt your prayers.  It seems there was a little bubble over our area.  So so grateful:)




Others of course didn't fair so well and it's been heartbreaking watching the news.  Seeing their homes washed away.  Seeing the mess they have to dig out of.  I always wonder to myself what would I do?  What if that was my little family?  How would you know where to begin?  Where would you go??


As I was watching a family in New Jersey survey their area with a tv crew on their heels it made me completely choke up when they just stopped in the flooded street and embraced each other and said "We have each other.  We all made it alive.  That's all that matters".  Chills!  Isn't that the truth.  When faced with storms in life, when it all comes down to it...all that matters is that we have each other.  All the other stuff is just stuff. 





I've had a song in my heart over the last few days.  The birds feeding at my feeder are a constant reminder to me of how God takes care of us.  How He provides for our every need.  Sing with me...



 
 
 
His eye is on the sparrow...
 
 
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Refrain

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Refrain

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.




**Update on my Grandma.  My mom and dad said their goodbyes and headed home yesterday.  It was incredibly hard for my mom.  Probably the last time she'll see her sweet momma.  Thank you again for all of your prayers.  You stand in the gap for us.  I can feel your prayers.  I really can...beyond humbled that you care.








Be a blessing.










838.  unbelievable happy mail for my big chick
839.  power!
840.  gorgeous sunshine streaming in my windows today
841.  the texts, calls and emails from friends
842.  a wonderful last visit for my mom/grandma


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails