Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, March 16, 2012

winner winner and a napa almond chicken dinner

Our realtor called us last night and it's official.  We only own one house again!!! I can't tell you what sweet relief that is.  I physically feel the weight being lifted.  She was also kind enough to let us know about the new owners.  They've been married for 20 years and have 3 girls and a boy.




They loved every single thing about our house, and don't even plan to repaint any of the walls!  That information alone makes me want to sob right here on the spot.  I had put my fingerprints on every inch of that house...all the walk-in closets had a mural.  So wonderful to know that they are going to enjoy them.  Thanks again to all of you for blessing me with your sweet words.  God is SO GOOD!



SO now onto Feed My Family...Friday!  Let's see last week I posted a bikini picture and told ya my shape up goals.  I did pretty good.  Stuck to the exercise.  Didn't do it everyday like I hoped, but I was pretty faithful. Oh and cutting out bread entirely didn't happen either.  Why is it when I try to be too restrictive I go the other way?  I'm not beating myself up.  Realistically eating healthy has to be a lifestyle and not just a quick fix that you can't stick with anyway, so I'm on the right track.

This week's recipe is a Homemade Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich.  Really really good!  And HEALTHY!  There's no mayo here ladies...so eat UP!!

3 cups shredded roasted or rotisserie chicken, without skin
1 cup red grapes cut in half
2/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup sliced almonds, honey roasted or plain

Dressing:
1/2 cup nonfat Greek plain yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Serve on any bread you choose.  The healthy choice would be 100% whole grain or a whole wheat pita pocket.  I got the mini croissants.  Add a lettuce garnish and tomato if you wish and there you go!



feed my family friday



Okay girls time for you to link up.  Grab my button, so your readers know where to go and then link up to your recipe post.  Let's share some food ideas!!:)






***********************************************************************************
Can I just say first of all what a blessing it was to read all of your comments on that give-away post.  You are all so grateful for the lives God has given you.  It made me reevaluate my own dreams again and really fully appreciate that despite some other goals I have I'm living the most amazing life imaginable.  I'm in love with my honey...I have the privilege and honor of being a mommy, and I get to do what I love every day!!  These are dreams realized!  YES!! 


****Winners****
 for Courtney's book and Suzanne's Card keyper are:

my dream: since moving to the States a couple years ago, I love to daydream about buying an old retro camper(you know one of those cute ones), packing up my family and traveling all over to see and learn more about my new home, no responsibilities whatsoever... oh it's so nice to dream

A dream that has come true for me thus far in my life is that I finally found an awesome, man of God that appreciates me, rather than cuts me down. He treats me the way every girl should be treated :)

Congrats girls!!  Email me your address please:)




Have a blessed weekend.



500.  living the dream
501.  pulling on shorts
502.  speaking to a new session of the "moving on" class, and realizing i have done just that!
503.  the house closed...yippeeeeee;)
504.  juicy grapes 


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails