Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

why i blog

I started this blog going on 4 years ago.  I still can't believe that:)  I remember not really knowing what in the world I was going to talk about, or what direction I would go with my posts.  I didn't really have a niche.  I didn't want to only talk about my kids, so I definitely wasn't a mommy blogger.  I didn't take good pictures at the time, so photog blog was out.  I hated to cook...and on it went.  Then it kind of just happened...the me thing.  I just started talking about what God put on my heart.  I shared what He was doing in my life.  It was all about me.  Sounds narcissistic I know.



Alot of my friends and family didn't understand the blogging thing.  They probably still don't.  It's kind of weird to document your life and loves for all the world to see.  It's a huge time commitment, and I have to be honest sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it.  I wonder why after all these posts...after all this time I still do it, but deep down I know the answer.  I've always prayed that God would use me.  That he would take any gifts or talents I have and at the end of my life they would all be used for His glory.  That is my heart's desire.  I'm human.  I have many failings, but I'm transparent and in that transparency...in that struggle...people see themselves.  Cause we really are all the same.  That's what it comes down to, and in my opinion life is meant to be shared, even if it's on the Internet;)



I've always had this little thing going on with God.  Sometimes when I get tired and I start wondering why I still blog, which happens when I'm overly busy...he'll send me a sign, and I'll get a sweet letter from a reader.  It never fails.  It makes me smile from ear to ear because I know it's encouragement from heaven.  Anyway I mentioned all this because several months ago I had a chance to share my faith with someone who reads along.  The other day she wrote me and told me that she gave her heart to the Lord!!!  How amazingly awesome is that!!  I don't know about you, but I don't get a chance to be a part of something that major everyday.  It's CELEBRATION WORTHY!!!!  The first thought I had when I read her note was...even if only one person came to know you Lord then writing this blog for umpteen posts was worth it.  She wrote her testimony here.  If you get a chance go over and welcome her into the heavenly family.    



Have a blessed day.




418.  Tamara asking Jesus into her heart
419.  the heart shaped cookie left in my mailbox yesterday...without a note
420.  running outside today without a jacket on!
421.  big chick's b-day dinner tonight
422.  mom and dad coming friday


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails