Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, December 2, 2011

center stage...big chick LIVE


Oh my it's been one of those weeks.  Honey was in Orlando at a conference and I was here with all kinds of kid activities swirling around. You know they...who ever they are...say having kids is like having your heart walk outside your body.  Well I've literally felt like that.  Like my heart is going to jump outside my chest.  I've been a little ball of nerves.  This is THE week.  The week my big chick starts some things she's been dreaming of.



It's kind of appropriate that it started tonight with a duet at her Christmas Orchestra concert.  Playing the viola was something she wanted to do for so long, and to see her up there and on center stage it was just really really special.  I was a proud mama to say the least.  Sorry I don't have a video.  Our camera is old and I have no idea how to put it on the internet.



My big chick is auditioning for her first play tonight.  She's singing the colors of the wind from Pocahontas.  I've heard her practice this song for months, however the auditions completely snuck up on me.  I had no idea they were this week!  So we've been scrambling a bit.  She's always done it acapella, but they require music.  SO hoping she can figure out when to jump in etc...  I'm crazy nervous for her.  I actually feel a little sick.  Geesh it's like I'm the one up there on stage...nervous as ever. 



The other night we went to a friend's house and I had her sing.  She froze up and it took a lot of coaxing to get her to do it.  Fear is seriously crippling.  I'm praying that it doesn't stand in the way of her pursuing this thing she's wanted to do for so long.  If you think about it please send a prayer her way tonight.  I'm praying that peace and confidence pour over her, and that just as God equipt Moses to speak in front of others she would be able too.  I'll let you know how it goes;)



Have  a blessed day.



277.  watching your children follow their dreams
278.  spending the day with a friend...no interruptions;)
279.  Honey's home!!
280.  a mustard yellow purse that called my name
281.  tomato basil soup
282.  Courtney for giving b.c. the encouragement she needed
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails