Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, November 7, 2011

no mud room...no problem


 
Hi girlies.  Hope you had a great weekend.  My Sasha is leaving today:(  I have about a million pictures to share with you, but I've got to organize them first, so I'll share one of my very favorite rooms with you instead.


When we went house hunting in Virginia it was obvious to us right away that mudrooms are not a priority here.  Initially we were in a little bit of a panic.  You have to have a mud room right?  We were very used to lots of coats, scarves, boots etc... Hopefully the lack of wet messy weather is why they don't have them here.  Not sure, but we found a solution regardless.

 


My online search of course brought me to these GORGEOUS lockers from Pottery Barn.  Very pricey though and it just wasn't in our budget.  Luckily while I was searching I stumbled onto this blog that gave a very detailed how-to.


We were in the middle of a move, and building them ourselves just wasn't going to happen, but I remembered a gal that I met at Flea Market Under Glass.  Super uber talented lady named, Kara (Red Barn Minnesota)...so I called her.  The rest is history.  These cabinets are amazing!!  Perfect size.  Great craftsmanship.  If you live in Minnesota run to your phone, and have her make you something.  You will not be disappointed!  AND it was less than half the Pottery Barn price.  SCORE!!!



Okay so every month when I get my catalog I pour over the pages and just let the inspiration seep into my bones.  I've always wanted to do a collage wall.  How come everyone on Pinterest etc...make it look so darn easy??  It's not that easy.  But I decided to go for it anyway:)





I splurged and actually bought their grand hotel clock and then I tried to use their idea to do my own wall.  I just laid it all out and then randomly started nailing things up.  YIKES!


 
Have to say I kind of love it!  It turned out so pretty.  It filled up the wall great and gave me a chance to hang up a variety of things I just didn't know what to do with:)



The girls use the room to do art work and various projects.  I love that it's only steps from either entrance into the house. 




Oh and I had a ceiling tin that I bought at the Junk Bonanza a couple years ago that is magnetic and a chalkboard:)  I taped pics all over it and added a scripture and voila...instant happy place:)



It feels so good when rooms actually come together.  Can you spy a piece of our past?  Hint hint...it's sitting on top of the lockers.  Oh how we loved that house.  The view is something that makes me miss it awful, but I truly love this house even more if that's possible.  We are blessed.  The rooms are filled with love and laughter.  What more could you ask for:)




Have a blessed day.


211.  catalogs that give me inspiration.
212.  projects that make me smile when i walk by.
213.  organization of any kind.
214.  getting a good deal.
215.  weekends filled with laughter and fun.
216.  a friend that rocks my world!

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails