Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

hanging onto HOPE

 #1

Last weekend, with much anticipation, we jumped in the car with tripod and camera in hand to capture our annual Christmas card picture.  Got to say this has become one of my very favorite things to do every year.  Here was last year's picture extravaganza. 

 #2

I saw on Pinterest somewhere this cute young couple kissing in the forest holding the letters JOY.  Loved that idea, so we brainstormed for four letter words and HOPE was what we came up with.  Loved the ducks in this picture...you know we always try to get some sort of wild animal in our shots;)



#3

Love how the sun makes our hair glow in this shot:)

#4

This location makes me giggle.  When I jumped out of the car and ran down to spot I wanted to set up the camera, I stumbled across two teenagers completely caught up in a make out session.  They were hidden behind some trees at a picnic table...oh and it was at a church!  You should have seen them jump when I ran right into their hidden spot.  Honey and I just sort of gave each other that knowing grin...remembering those early days when we couldn't wait to be alone;)

#5
#6 
Okay this is where we started attempting to jump and catch it at just the right moment.  So not easy with a self timer.  It sure was fun trying though.  Let's just say I got a workout running back and forth between the camera and my spot in line.

 #7

#8

I saved the best for last.  This picture sums up our last few months to a tee.  Here we are holding onto hope.  Honey's there, the girls are all in and I'm hanging on for dear life;)  I look scared to death!!!  I laughed so hard when I saw this picture.  Oh God thank you for this visual.  Even though it hasn't been easy and we have a lot of stuff going on we are holding onto HOPE with all our might.  He is our Hope!  He is the reason we celebrate Christmas...the reason we get up in the morning.  His promises are what fill us overflowing...without hope we would have nothing.   



I've already made the pick for our card...one for the front and one for the back.  I'm curious which ones you would have picked for us.  I'll share the card later on.  I was SO BUMMED I missed Shutterfly's free card give-away for bloggers this year.  Just too much going on and I missed the deadline..ugh!  Regardless I ordered from them anyway.  It's just so easy and they have gobs of great designs to choose from.  I was like a kid in a candy store.


***OH and I didn't forget about the give-away;)  Thank you for so many awesome suggestions.  I think I WILL add charm bracelets after the New Year.  And FYI anything you order from me is custom.  I can adjust cuff sizes, charm bracelet sizes and necklace length.  I'm cool like that;)  THE WINNER IS:   Rachel @ A Cupcake for Moose...congrats girlie:)))





Have a blessed day.




**Oh and I almost forgot. I just signed up for the Mother and Daughter online course with my Brave Girl friends. I know it's going to be AMAZING! Perfect thing to do with them over the holidays. Check it out here.




 
235.  my sweet peeps who go along with me wherever...
236.  the gift of HIS hope
237.  my camera...can i say that again?
238.  the thud of hammers building a home next to ours...future friends??
239.  paint crusted to my nails
240.  avocado...who knew you were so good?
241.  progress with our home in mn


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails