Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

happiness versus joy


Okay for the most part this post is going to be about something entirely different than the pictures.  Hope you don't mind.  It's obvious we went to the pumpkin patch.  It was good fun.  Love me some critters and a farmy feel.



Instead of sitting on a bench for a half hour I decided to join the peeps in the maze.  Can I just clarify that I HATE corn mazes!  First of all I'm slightly claustrophobic.  I despise feeling lost and I'm allergic to dust.  So remember how sick and snotty I was recently??  In spite of that, I did the corn maze.



Much to my amazement I lived to tell about it.  I didn't have an asthma or panic attack and die right there in the middle of a gigantic corn puzzle.  WHEW!




And it was sort of pretty.  Who knew little flowers grew on cornstalks??  I didn't and I grew up smack in the middle of nothing but fields:)



Okay so today Big Chick brings in the mail.  I've been anxiously awaiting a package from my jewelry supplier.  I had placed a big order for metal blanks to stamp cuffs etc...  When she brings me the envelope it's EMPTY!  Nothing but a receipt inside...and mind you it was a large dollar amount on that receipt. 




I wish I could say that I handled it well, but I didn't.  My heart started racing.  I think I broke out into a cold sweat.  I was like oh NO...someone STOLE my stuff!!!  I felt like my head was going to explode. I called my honey, my mom, a couple of friends.  I was in a complete hissy fit mode.



Earlier in the day I was more or less on cloud 9.  The sun was shining, the weather was GORGEOUS.  I had my transitions class, and we had eaten out for lunch.  I was hopeful and happy inside.  It was such a good feeling and then BOOM! 




My peace was gone!  I picked up my Jesus Calling devotional and it just happened to be on "Happiness versus Joy".  Did you know happiness depends on our circumstances?  It's when everything is going perfectly.  It's fleeting. 


True joy is very different.  It doesn't depend on this world or whether you are having a great day or not.  It is dependant on the Lord and knowing that He is in control.  Staying close to Him equals joy in every situation.




Well knock me straight out!!  I'd allowed satan to steal my joy.  Crap!  I want more than anything to live a life where I get it.  Where I'm walking in truth.  And I know those things, but it's so good to be reminded that regardless of the stuff that happens, because let's face it life is full of unexpected BOOMS, regardless of that I need to remember He's got my back.  He's in control and there is a reason for all of it.




Is this not just the cutest thing ever??



So I prayed about it.  I'm believing it's all going to work out.  That I will somehow get my stuff and quick...cause Christmas orders are coming:o!   I'm trying really hard to not give up my joy.  I need that joy.  It's mine, and I'm not going to let anyone or anything steal it!





Here are the pumpkins and mums.  They look so pretty!  Oh and did you notice we painted the front door red??  LOVE it red!  Reminds me of the Israelites covering their doors during the Passover.  Remember that in the movie the Ten Commandments?  Brought chills to me thinking of the death angel taking the first born of every household and those with the blood over their door being spared!  Wowza.  Anyway I love it!!! 


Oh and wish me luck tonight.  I'm hosting a neighborhood Bunco game at my house.  I decided I needed to be proactive in meeting my neighbors, so I just did it!  YIKES.  I'm really nervous, but I'm sure it will be great.



Have a blessed day.




147.  clean floors
148.  deviled eggs
149.  friends to pray with
150.  a husband who talks me off the ledge
151.  a glorious after dinner walk
152.  an opportunity to make new friends
153.  a God who's got my back


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails