Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, August 8, 2011

19



Good morning friends.  Sorry I've been a little absent lately.  The days have just gotten away from me and this past weekend we took off.  Before we even moved here I knew I wanted this to be the weekend that we went to the beach.  Today is our anniversary!! 19 years ago...at age 19 we said I do and started on the ultimate adventure together.


For some reason when I woke up this morning I had the same knots in my stomach that I did all those years ago on our wedding day.  I'll never forget spending the night in our unlived in apartment.  My mom stayed with me.  I woke up sick with nerves.  She ran to the drugstore to try and find a cure to save me from myself, and while I took a shower I pleaded with God to take over my body.  Right there in the shower I had the most amazing presence come over me.  It was truly divine intervention.  There was a covering of peace, just like that shower spray that saturated me from head to toe, and it carried me throughout that blissful day.  So grateful that He carries us when we need it most. 






I'm still pinching myself that we live only two hours from the coast.  It was amazing to pack a light bag, jump in the car and be transported to another place.  We really needed a break.  We've been a little stressed trying to mentally adjust to everything...add unpacking, hanging curtains and pictures every night and it was time for a little break.  







It was so nice to see the girls having fun.  I've been feeling a little guilty.  We really haven't done very many fun things this summer.  The move took over a bit, and with school starting in a month it was nice to see them romp in the sand and explore.






There is nothing quite like having soft sand between your toes, feeling the sun's warmth and a refreshing breeze...hearing the roar of the ocean waves...all at once.  It's the ultimate stroke to the senses.  Add people watching to the mix and I'm in heaven.



I've decided by the way that I think I need a surfboard;)  I would never dream of actually using it, but just walking up and down the beach carrying it would be pretty darn cool.  Who doesn't look awesome carrying a surf board??






Our hotel was very dated and overpriced.  We stayed at the Cavalier on Virginia Beach.  Beggars can't be choosy when you book the room 4 days before you go. Despite the outdated furniture and bedding we had amazing views and we were way down the boardwalk away from the crowds.  And boy was it crowded...oh and the bumper to bumper traffic from Richmond to the beach was definitely unexpected.  Not sure if that's a weekend thing or we just took a wrong route.  Might have to rethink that next time.





I didn't realize Virginia Beach was so much fun.  There were street performers on every block...bands, musicians, puppet shows etc...  I was pleasantly surprised.  We ate at two really good restaurants.  Tautog's for dinner..great beachy atmosphere.  Then Pocahontas Pancakes for breakfast.  Fun!  I can see us coming back and revisiting those places. 






It was good, every salty sea breath, every second in the car, every minute we got to spend together, whether it's perfect or not...it's good.  We made another stroke on our canvas of life.  I love how memories do that.  They splash together and meld into a wonderful colorful masterpiece.  Who would have thought all those years ago as I prepared for my wedding day that this would be my life now?  Living in Virginia.  Still madly in love.  Blessed with my girlies.  That peace that came over me and carried me then...is still carrying me now.   How sweet is that!




Have a blessed day.




Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails