Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, July 4, 2011

wrapped up


Good morning friends and HAPPY 4th of July!!  I actually slept in until almost 9:30 this morning.  I did a big stretch in bed, looked over at the clock and did a double take!  I love summer.  Hope you are having an awesome weekend.


Okay this is quite possibly the dumbest picture I've ever put up of myself, but you get the point;)  We are wrapping things up rather nicely around here.  We had a goal of getting the house packed before the movers came and I'm happy to say it's almost finished.  I just couldn't imagine moving all of our things to Virginia without going through it first.  We're talking 7 years of stuff here.  It was time to clear the clutter.  I'm actually a little mortified by all the crap we've held onto over the years.  It was time to toss.




I got a little emotional in a few rooms.  This is my blogging/artsy space and do you see what's missing??  The FARM is missing from farmgirl.  It's SO wrong!!  And then in Big Chick's room she had her name written at the top of her chalkboard wall.  She wrote it up there the first day I painted it.  When we erased that it was like a knife to the heart for some reason.  Honey's like just rip it off like a band-aid.  It's true you almost have to do that. 



Have to admit I can't wait until this is over.  I hate chaos and clutter.  Having boxes and stuff everywhere is driving me nuts.  We've stopped cleaning.  What's the point of vacuuming or dusting when it's in complete disarray?  It's official I live in a pigsty!





 

We are making the most of our time.  Having dinner with sweet friends and enjoying our kids company.




We got out on the boat again with Steve and Michelle.  Remember last year??  Love having friends with connections:)



Connected again with a dear friend who moved away.  It's just a reminder to me that despite the miles you can still pick up right where you left off.




Finished up one of many painting projects.  Remember this day??  These are the kids paintings I did:)  Since then my friend Amy has started her own blog.  Check it out here.


Things have been so busy.  The movers come in one week...YIKES!  Honey starts his new job tomorrow:)  This week is filled to the brim with last minute days with friends and playmates.  My head is spinning.  I can't believe that we are in the final stretch.  I'm so glad that it's wrapping up.  This time in-between has been a little torturous.  My mind is on Virginia.  The house is finished and just waiting for us to drive up the lane.   It's hard to focus on anything else.  We are inching toward the finish line and I'm more than ready for what lies ahead:)



Have a blessed day.




Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails