Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The "5" plan

You knew this post was coming...it's January.  I had to write a diet post.  I'm notorious for that;)  A little disclaimer here though.  I know that I'm not fat.  I fully realize this, but I have gained 8 pounds over the last few months and in my experience if you don't nip weight gain right away, one day you wake up and you truly have a problem..like a really big hiney and rolls of "cushion" hanging over your jeans.  Not that this has happened to me.  I'm just sayin';)



This picture is old.  This was us "before" we cleaned up our diet.



For the most part I have struggled with my weight since puberty.  I have the obesity gene, sorry mom but it's the truth.  I have done all sorts of things in the past to shed weight.  There was the Master Cleanse, the South Beach diet, the French Woman diet, the Body for Life diet.  The list goes on and on.


Last January Honey and I did the "eat clean" diet.  It was our own concoction, nothing new or different.  But a plan was formed and it worked really well.  We both lost a lot of weight and felt and looked great. I wrote about it here.  It was all in preparation for our big trip to Hawaii.  Funny how the thought of wearing your bathing suit in the winter will do that to ya.  It got us all geared up and ready for change.  It ended up being one of the best things we've ever done together.  It was a life changer.  Honey is a lot more disciplined than me, so months after the trip he would still have the will power and resolve to turn down dessert and I (the emotional hormonal queen that I am) did not.  So low and behold the inevitable happened and my pants are now a smidge too tight.  But I have a plan.


Since you are all my friends my plan is free...ha!  Seriously I could write a book, but I won't.  So this IS the way to lose weight.  It is fact!  It will work!  I am living proof.  So are you ready for it??  Beware...it's not sexy:)




The "5" Plan

5 days a week...sweat a lot. 
For me planning is a must.  If I am to succeed I have to get to the gym at least 3x's a week and on the other days off do something at home.   Once the weight is off maintaining can be done with 3x's a week.



5 times a day...eat.
Eating mini meals is really important and keeps your metabolism stoked.  Every three hours is a good thing to shoot for.



5 meals a day will consist of these foods: ***This is by far the most important step and I believe 90% responsible for weight loss.***  Ideally a protein source and a carb is the best mix.  So breakfast, lunch, dinner and your snacks need to have a protein and a carb.  Does that make sense?  It totally makes your body burn, burn, BURN:)

What you put into your mouth will determine if you lose weight.  For me cheating doesn't work.  If I do really great for 5 days and then have a cupcake..that mental shift will completely mess up my progress.  It's just better to stay focused and on course until the weight goal is achieved.


dairy & eggs: 
skim milk, plain-non fat greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, low fat string cheese, egg whites


meat: 
lean beef, lean turkey, tilapia, tuna in water, canadian bacon


veggies:
my fav's are spinach, steamed asparagus, steamed broccoli, carrots, sweet potato...add whatever you wish.


fruit:
1/2 banana, strawberries, apples (or natural applesauce), blueberries, oranges


grain:
  whole wheat pasta, low calorie whole wheat bread, rice crackers, oatmeal, high fiber english muffins, brown rice


extras:
  spray butter, small amounts of peanut butter, sugar free Coffee Mate Hazelnut creamer, lite mayo, balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and ZONE BARS.  Zone bars keep me from losing my mind when I'm craving something sweet.  



There you have it.  The recipe for weight loss success.  This is what I'm focusing on for the next 5-6 weeks.  It seems selfish doesn't it?  But I tell you taking care of yourself is a Godly thing.  He wants us to take care of these vessels.  I'm not going to talk about it again because doing the accountability thing just makes me want to shove cookies in my mouth.  I don't know why, but I self sabotage.  So if any of you have some holiday weight to lose feel free to join me.  Let me know how you did in 6 weeks:)






Have a blessed day.


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails