Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Secretariat


The chicks are off school for a few days, so a friend and I took our girls to see the new Disney movie The Secretariat.  It's not too often that a movie speaks to me like this one did.  I needed a pad and paper to write down my thoughts, and felt like jumping up and down in my seat cheering. 


It was inspirational to the point that I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest.   Yes it was that good!  Unfortunately in doing research for this post I saw a few reviews that didn't agree with me.  Sometimes you just can't listen to the movie men, they don't know what a good movie is...HA!  And I do;)






The main character, Penny Tweedy...played by Diane Lane, was a suburban housewife in the 70's when her family's horse farm needed her attention.  She played the owner of the greatest racehorse of all time, and for me it was also Diane Lane's role of a lifetime.  She was strong, intelligent and fearless.  She took risks and ran her race. 




Isn't that what life is about?  Giving it your best...going for it...not being plagued by regret.  Well in this true story she did just that and the horse she was in charge of didn't disappoint.  I hope you go see this movie.  It's 100% family friendly.  I promise you won't leave without a great big smile on your face and a possible tear or two on your cheeks.  Gotta love that:)






Have a blessed day.






Photo courtesy csmonitor.com
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails