Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Garden guilt

Happy Labor day weekend girlies.  I just wanted to thank all of you for the great comments on my last post.  It was interesting to learn that many of you were also crushing on Meg.  WHAT??!  She's mine...I saw her first...HA!  I was also blessed down to my toes to realize that many of you crush on ME.  That about made my head explode:))))  Isn't it funny...this crazy bloggy world.  Anyway just wanted to let you know that I love you guys and hope you all have a beautiful weekend.



A garden is a great way to learn some things about yourself.  In the spring I'm so excited.  I go to the gardening area and anxiously pick out each and every plant.  I dream of a garden overflowing with fresh veggies for my salsa.  The corn chips are put aside and the salsa and chip plate is ready to be filled.





Then it happens.  The three tomato plants I planted start to produce fruit.  The first week I'm ecstatic.  I'm popping cherry tomatoes in my mouth left and right.  I eat them like dessert.  They are so delicious.  Even the girls are loving it. 



By the next week I'm slowly getting sick of them.  I have them sitting on my counter until the sides start splitting and they become mush.  I MAKE myself eat some, so I won't feel guilty.  By the time the next week rolls around I'm scared to go look at my garden.  It actually frightens me.  I know if I go back there...it will have multiplied and I just can't stand to waste, but I'm sick of them.  I've given some away, but there's still more....lots and lots more!!!!  I don't can.  I don't know how, and I don't want to know how.  This thing I've created has become a MONSTER.



I just went back there a minute ago and it's worse than I thought.  Rotten tomatoes...smelly ooey gooey tomatoes all over the place.  I should take this as a lesson.  I have gifts, but this gardening thing is NOT one of them.  I shouldn't force it.  Hopefully I will remember next year when Spring rolls around to only plant one and NO cherry tomatoes.  That's it!  I have learned the hard way that I'm lazy!  Not in everything, but with gardening absolutely.  Thank heavens I didn't do this when we bought our dog;) 






Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails