Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gaining focus


At church this week, our worship leader referred to someone in the choir asking him to repeat what his answer was to why we worship...his response was "so that the things of this earth would grow strangely dim."





I got chills...recalling that song, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus". I can't get those words out of my head. It's so true. The reason we worship and adore our savior, the reason we open our Bible, the reason we call out to Him is that this Earth and it's craziness would lose it's focus, it's hold. So the important things would become clear and we could feel... even for a second His peace, His presence and His provision for our lives.




I know I want that with my whole being. I want my gaze to be on Him, not me. What does He want for my life? What do I do next? It almost seems that the more I pour my focus into what I want the fuzzier it gets. To stand back and invite Him in....oh it's so sweet. I trust Him. I know He loves me and I know that His plan for my life will come to pass.





So with this song in my heart... may I, may you - turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.




Have a blessed day.






All photographs found on Etsy - Alicia Bock Studio's
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails