Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Movin' On



I was at the gym one day last week and I saw a man that looked just like my Honey's dad. The resemblance from style of clothes, glasses, hair...the way he wore his socks etc... It was uncanny. His dad passed away a little over a year ago, so of course I knew it wasn't him, but for a split second recognition set in. I was overwhelmed with emotion and surprised to find tears streaming down my face.

This week has presented itself with a lot of strange new emotions. My mother-in-law is moving on. She is starting to date. I couldn't be happier for her honestly. I knew in my heart that she was going to need that companionship. She has been so lonely after losing Ralph. For a while now I've been quietly praying for her to find someone, but I have to admit when I found out she had actually been on some dates it was shocking to say the least. My husband and his sister of course are struggling with this new development. As much as we want her to be happy and to fill that void it is really hard to imagine her with someone else. How do we move on?? When does that happen and will it ever? Have any of you had similar experiences? I would love to know what you think.



Have a blessed day.

Photo credit: rozziem, Flickr

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails