Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Freckles and flaws...

Having girls I knew "issues" would arise someday about body image, but up until now we've only had discussions about freckles and how beautiful they are. We've talked about how God decorates our faces each differently and some of us get blessed to get cute little freckles. My girls lovvve their freckles:)

This weekend we were challenged with a different body image issue and we had to have the talk about how God makes all of our bodies different sizes too and how we are perfect just the way He made us. More than anything I want them to love their bodies and to be confident about who they are and what they look like. In our house the emphasis is on eating healthy and being active. Since I have struggled with my weight most of my life it really is my heart's desire for my girls to learn young the right way to take care of themselves. So not only do I have to encourage them to lead healthy lives, I have to lead by example. My relationship with food and exercise is being observed and I want to be a good role model.


How about you? Have you had to address this issue too?



Have a blessed day!


Photo Credit: Nirrimi, Flickr
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails