Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

I'm kind of a dork, so bear with me. I have a couple of new followers for my blog and I'm just thrilled. It's so exciting to have people visit my blog from "other places". I love to read blogs, but for people to stumble onto mine and become a follower...oh it's just really cool. Anyway thanks and welcome!!
Last night we had some friends over to watch the Superbowl. We always cheer for the underdog team, which of course was the Phoenix Cardinals. They unfortunately lost...booooo. But we all had lots of fun anyway. I made yummy sandwiches called Maidrites (kind of like sloppy joes) and we ate our fill of chips with queso dip and veggies. The kids played and the "girls" stole away to watch a movie in the other room. I thought I would include my recipes for the night.

Maidrite Sandwiches:

  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • 2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Simmer ground beef and onion until brown. Drain. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can definitely put this in a crock pot. Serve on hamburger buns.

Creamy Hash Brown Bake:

  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package (28 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes
  • 3/4 cup crushed potato chips **I put alot more than this
  • In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, butter, onion and salt. Add potatoes; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. X 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serves 10-12.
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails