Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Dining Room

The inspiration palette for my room. This rooster is from Tracy Porter designs.

My dining room is kind of a weird concoction. The above set of tables and chairs used to be oak and very country, so I painted them. When I first did it I thought they were so ugly that I almost donated them to charity. I just hated the look. But now the ugliness has grown on me. I painted the table red first and then crackled it with black. The chairs are the same on the seat and then candy apple green on the backs and leg spindles. Weird but pretty wonderful:)

The "buffet" was a dresser that I had in my bedroom as a little girl. I forget what color it used to be. I painted it red and then glazed it with gold. Changing out the knobs is an easy update. We really don't eat in there, so we keep all of our games tucked away in there for game night.

The above hope chest my parents got me when I was 18. It was made from a really inexpensive wood and was all beaten up, so I painted it and then decoupaged the top with pages from a little book I got at Old Navy.


Sorry I couldn't load this picture horizontal for some reason. This is the top of the hope chest.

More games for game night. I found this old laundry cart at an antique store. Notice the wall behind it. I get lots of compliments on that. It is just paintable wallpaper from Home Depot that I painted the same color as the walls and then I glazed some of it to pop a little.



Have a great day!

Reposted from 2/11/09

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails