Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

the wheatfield



I've been sitting on these pictures since our trip back to Illinois this past summer.  Big chick had told Grandma and Grandpa that's what she wanted when she came home.  Not a special meal or a gift etc...a wheatfield!  That's my girl.  A wheatfield it is.  Of course Grandpa could deliver that;)   

I was holding them back because I thought they would go perfectly with a post about raising up girls.  I've had several people ask me about how we parent.  Tips and whatnot about how our girls have turned out so sweet etc...  And honestly those words haven't come yet.  When and if they do you'll be the first to know;)


Our pastor has been doing a studying on Philippians.  This past week his sermon really touched a nerve.  It was about anxiety.  I struggle with this at times.  We've had several things to be anxious about lately.  We've been waiting for Honey's job pieces to fall into place.  I've been attempting to build this business, and let me tell you I'm a fish out of water training people, working long hours etc...  I'm the girl who never wanted a "career".  I had no desire to work.  I was making things for fun.  It's not that anymore.  It's a job, and even though it's flipped over to a more demanding thing I love it...it just comes with a whole new set of challenges.  I'm learning as I go.


Then there is the constant parenting concerns.  How are the girls doing?  The friendships.  The homework.  Are we giving them enough responsibility, love, care...attention.  You all know it...this pit in your stomach feeling of worry.  Anxiety!!  Life is a lot!  We all have stuff.



My pastor defined anxiety as anticipating the future in the worst possible way and freaking out about it.  Yep that pretty much sums it up!  He said it's caused by having an unrealistic pace, no boundaries, no downtime, and a lack or disconnect with a meaningful community.  When we feel anxious we are often angry, exhausted, worn out, overwhelmed, everyone is out to get you, we can't sleep, we gain or lose weight, we can have physical symptoms.  It manifests itself in despair, fear and worry.  And get this...it's a SIN!


He wasn't downplaying mental illness or any anxiety disorders.  He was directing it to those who struggle with this certain area.  And I have to admit I needed to hear it BAD!  I've never thought of anxiety as a sin.  But when you look at it in that way instead of something that you have to "manage" it changes everything.  I don't want to sin against the Lord, and when I worry or struggle with anxiety that's a lack of trust in a God that I know loves me and wants the best for me.  So through Him I can ask for forgiveness and be freed from it once and for all.  I can...I WILL be an overcomer:))




So how do I overcome that seemingly uncontrollable thing of anxiety?



We need to pray about everything.  
Giving it to Him.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.




We need to train ourselves to focus on good things and more or less capture every thought and shut out the negative.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.


Obey

Philippians 4:9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.





The God of peace will be with you... Ahhhh those last words.  Yes Lord...God of peace.  I want YOU with me.  Every day.  Every second.  I know you can use me when I obey.  Let the fields be ripe for harvest!












Oh and girls I have to share this.  My sweet niece Brittany got engaged recently.  Her boyfriend of 5 years proposed to her in the coolest way.  Watch this!  You will die.  And if you didn't already share your engagement story on IG I'd love to hear about it here.  Ours was simple, but sweet.  Honey went on bended knee in my parent's driveway.  My mom was peeking out from the kitchen window.  Good times;)  
  





Be a blessing.







brittany got engaged!
 shop is almost ready
leaves are falling
peanut butter bark
big chick learning to cook
palm promises



Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails