Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

peanut brittle

It's been over a week since I've posted. A lot has happened.  My Grandma June went to be with the Lord Wednesday.  I got the call at 7 am.  Dad gave her medicine around 4 that morning and then fell asleep by her chair.  At 6 he woke up, looked over and she was gone...still warm.  He was there...right there.  It was peaceful. 




This grieving thing is strange.  You can think you're ready.  You can say your goodbyes...have that closure and then when the time actually comes the dam breaks.  I had my mini-melt down.  I knew it was imminent.  The night before I had to sleep in our spare bedroom because I was tossing and turning so much.  I couldn't fall asleep.  All I could think about was Grandma's homemade peanut brittle.  I'll never have it again.  It's weird how those are the thoughts that hit you square in the chest...taking your breath away.  I'll never hear her singsong voice whisper in my ear...come see me.  She always said that;)  Geesh!  I hate death.


The visitation is going on right now.  I never in a million years thought I'd miss my Grandma's funeral...but here I am so far away.  It is what it is.  I got that hard hug in while she was still alive and that's so much better than being there now.  I just called my mom and she said there are so SO many people there.  Just knowing how loved she was...that they are honoring her in death, makes my heart swell and my eyes fill.  You go Grandma...you rockstar!!



Thank you all so much for your comments.  They meant the world to me.  We've all been there.  This saying goodbye is something we can each relate with.  It's such a comfort knowing that we're not alone.  That the pain in those last moments are shared by many.  Love you girls.
 
 
 
We had a very busy weekend.  I'll be back to share deets later.
 



Be a blessing.
 






my rockstar grandma june
peanut brittle
a weekend with my favorite people
meeting a new friend:)
the Comforter


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails