Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, September 14, 2012

shake it up...the workout!



Okay so you know you've hit a wall when you ask your honey to help you lose weight.  You've seen my man right?  He's a hottie.  He takes his fitness and health very seriously.  I should've asked him to help me a long time ago.  It's obvious he knows what he's doing, but there's that stinkin' pride that gets in the way.  I just couldn't take the judgemental looks when I eat something I shouldn't...it seriously makes me want to stab him in the eye.  Marital peace has kept me from going to him, But I gotta say he's put me on a workout routine and it's kicking my rear.  We're talking sweat dripping off my cute little braids HARD! 



So here it is...
 
 
6 days a week...
HONEY'S SHAKE IT UP ROUTINE:
 
 
 
 
AT GYM
 
Walk/run (5 minutes)...to warm-up
 
Squats, leg presses or lunges (50 reps)...light weight, broken down into whatever increments you can manage
 
RUN (5 minutes)...this is a hard run.  I start at about 5.5 on the treadmill and increase it every 30 seconds until I'm at 7.2 or so.  This is a dead sprint for me.  I've got short legs...trust me I'm dying, I feel shaky...I can only do the last bump up for about 30-40 seconds and then I walk it off for about a minute.
 
Bicep curls (50 reps)...light weight, broken down into whatever increments you can manage.  You should feel a major burn by the end.
 
RUN (5 minutes)...this is a hard run again
 
Triceps pulldowns (50 reps) )...light weight, broken down into whatever increments you can manage
 
RUN (5 minutes)...this is a hard run
 
Dumbbell or Barbell Deadlifts (50 reps)...light weight, broken down into whatever increments you can manage 
 
RUN (5 minutes)...this is a hard run
 
Shoulder press or laterals (50 reps)...light weight, broken down into whatever increments you can manage
 
RUN (5 minutes)...this is a hard run
 
Pullups/dips (requires certain machine...50 reps each)
 
AB crunches (100 reps) broken down into whatever increments you can manage
 
Leg lifts (100 reps) broken down into whatever increments you can manage
 
 
 
 
 
AT HOME
 
Elliptical Machine (45-60 minutes) easy pace
 
AB crunches (100 reps)
 
Leg lifts (100 reps)
 
Push ups (50 reps)
 
 
 


Here's the deal...this workout is hard.  It takes almost 2 hours, and I'm dying by the end.  I alternate days, working out at the gym in the morning one day, and on opposite days doing the home routine in the evening.  This is because I'm sore and tired and need that much time to rest inbetween.  It's obviously not for everyone.  I just wanted to show you what I'm doing and if you want to join in you can;)  If you want to modify it, or you don't have a gym membership/elliptical, of course you can use dumbbells at home and walk/run outside.  You can make this as easy or difficult as you want.  The goal is to use fairly light weights, lots of reps...until you burn...and to intersperse with challenging cardio.  If you have any questions about what certain exercises are just ask me and I'll try to explain.


I can tell it's working. I can feel my waist shrinking.  I haven't weighed.  Weighing sabotages me.  If I'm up then I just want to throw in the towel and give up.  So I'm waiting a bit.  The perk to having my honey train me is that he's involved and very excited about my progress.  I can see him checking me out.  I can see that pride come over his face and I just know he's thinking...yeah I'm whipping her into shape.  And instead of that annoying me I LIKE IT!  We're working as a team, and it feels good:)







Have a blessed day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
773.  a shrinking waist
774.  energy to workout
775.  my husband's encouragement
776.  the time to do it
777.  feeling sore!
 
 
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails