Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, June 1, 2012

just a swingin'



My favorite spot at our old house was tucked underneath the deck.  This was my view as I spent many hours swinging on our black wicker porch swing.  I still keep the picture at the bottom of my blog because it will always hold a special place in my heart.  Oh how I miss those farmy wide open sunsets. 




My view is different now, and I have a porch this time.  A real...wide enough...porch to plop down with my mint tea and take in my street.  Sweet suburban houses and pine trees all in a row. 








Thanks to the effort of my Honey:)  It took a bit to figure out where the studs were in the 90 degree baking sun, and then there was the fear factor of screwing up that made it take longer.  Misplaced holes in the porch ceiling wouldn't have looked too good.  I probably thanked him a hundred times or more.




I don't think I realized how important the swing was to me until I had it back again.  It was my refuge in MN.  It was on this swing that I begged God to save my father in law after we discovered his cancer.  It was here He gave me peace and comfort during that hard time. 


The swing was always my "go to" alone spot to talk with friends and mom.  It's where I hid out and read the Word letting it soak into my spirit.  It's where I did absolutely nothing.  No computer.  No T.V.  No noise.  Just the cling clang of the chains touching...my feet pushing off.




I made a little artwork to hang behind it.  We used to sing this song to the girls every night before bed.  It was our lullaby prayer.  Sometimes we still do.  Can't wait til Honey hangs it:)



I think we all need a spot to have that is just ours.  Not that I won't share, but it really is MINE;) 


(pillow from the lovely Alicia Hutchinson)

I feel some soul searchin' coming on.  A lot of nothin' coming my way!  And I couldn't be happier:)






Last night for dinner I made another reader's recipe.  Thanks Ashli for the awesome Greek Grilled Chicken Pita inspiration. I thought it was really tasty and healthy too.  Here's a recap:


Marinate chicken breasts in balsamic vinaigrette or balsamic vinegar for approximately four hours. 
Then grill and slice chicken.  Stuff pita with chicken, spinach, black olives and cucumber sauce.
For cucumber sauce mix all these ingredients together:

  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 1 Tbsp minced parsley (I omitted)
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1 minced garlic clove . . . or more if you like
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Okay friends if you have a recipe you'd like to share grab my button and link to your post.  Let's Feed our Families:)








Have a blessed weekend.

























604.  giraffes...zoo time with my little chick
605.  my swing
606.  my swing
607.  my swing;)
608.  my new fan by my swing!
609.  arnold palmer lite half and half on my swing!!!


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails