Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, May 11, 2012

cuffs galore & korean BBQ


Hi girlies it's FRIDAY!  I have no idea why, but I feel like celebrating!!!  I love Fridays.  I wanted to tell you about my friend Brigetta.  She wrote a book and it's going to be FREE this Saturday!  FREE people.  I've downloaded it from Amazon.  Haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it's going to be awesome, because frankly she's awesome.  So check it out here.


Anyhoo I've been doing some stuff for my Etsy store this week, and it feels soooo good. I'm not one to talk about my shop very much.  I'm not sure why, but self promotion doesn't come easy for me.  I more or less just wait for orders to come my way, but I've been hoarding these belts for way too long and they need to be used up!



Can you say stop the madness!  People collect all sorts of things...salt and pepper shakers, hand mirrors;), quilts, coins etc...I'm officially a belt collector.  I'm on the constant look out.  I love them because they make incredible jewelry.  I can never have too many, but they need to be used.  So expect to see lots of new cuffs going in my Etsy store in the near future.


This week I tried two of the link up recipes from last Friday.  See I really do fix what you link up:)  The one I chose to show here was the Korean BBQ Ribs.  SO GOOD!  Seriously my little chick was moaning and she does NOT moan about food!  She's the pickiest eater ever.  So I think we have a winner.


I even got big chick in on the cooking part.  She made the cabbage chicken salad that Barbara posted about in her link post.  I'm not the best at having the girls help me in the kitchen.  It's a disservice to them really that I don't like to cook.  I need to do better.  After a recent slumber party at a friend's house my oldest came home and gushed about how her friend got up that morning and just whipped up some pancakes.  I'm like okay I guess I need to encourage this a bit;)  It's time.





1 1/2 cups tamari sauce

2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup sesame oil

3 tbsp veg oil
8-10 cloves of garlic crushed
6 green onions chopped roughly
4 pounds of short ribs

toasted sesame seeds



Here's how...

Combine the soy, sugar and oils, in a large bowl. Now add garlic and onion save a little for garnish. Stir together, put ribs into a large Ziploc bag (may need two bags) pour marinade into the bags and shake several times to coat.  Refrigerate for at least four hours turning bag once or twice.

Heat grill to med-high heat, drain excess marinade.  Put ribs on grill for about 8 minutes on each side...garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds & onion.




Okay girlies, grab my button, link to your recipe and let's FEED OUR FAMILIES:)




Have a great weekend Mothers:)






567.  "moving on" alumni brunch
568.  having more energy this week:)
569.  feeling a sense of accomplishment with my shop
570.  stormy skies on soccer practice night...shame on me
571.  anticipation of a special mother's day weekend

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails